Solar panels only trickling?

Seems kinda odd that they were both faulty - Maybe the votronic mppt controller caused an issue with them?

Interesting.
I will just comment that I have used quite a few EcoWorthy 100W panels (I had 2 on my VW T5, 4 on my VW LT Camper and have 2 in the garden for parked-up recharging and testing) and never had any issues with any of them.
From what I understand from another forum, these where flexible panels.

Flexy panels are well known for poor performance, I refuse to fit them to boats.

Flexy panels are well known for poor performance, I refuse to fit them to boats.
There are some good flexible panels around, but people are rarely willing to spend the required amount of cash to get them and go for the "good deals" which are not good deals in the long (or even short!) term.
These panels - https://wildebus.com/product/150w-s...l-with-self-adhesive-backing-made-in-austria/ - are very good, but at nearly £2.50/Watt the buyers are usually aware of the pitfalls of the cheaper ones.
(PS. not trying to sell anyone any as there are currently not available anyway - and when they do come back, they will cost even more!)

I had some semi flexi on my last van, at the time (over 20 years ago) they where very expensive compared to todays offerings, but they where very good.

I find they overheat and power drops off, anyway I shall sone be retiring and I'm cutting down all my work, just sold a lot of old ex trade ins this week to clear up. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back