solar panel

slonger

I am trying to find a solar panel to fit on the motorhome, the problem that I have is I would like as big a panel as possible I have found a panasonic 295w panel which will fit but it will be slightly shaded at the top edge my the air conditionoing unit which sticks up 160mm above the panel this will only be a problem when the sun is low in the sky and in the front of the air con unit. the question is would I be better with a smaller panel say 200w? or would it be better to add 2 x 100w panels?
IMG_9761.jpg
please ignore the state of the roof
space on roof 1500mm x 1200mm
panasonic 295w 1463mm x 1053mm
200w panel 1240mm x 992mm
Midsummer Energy
Midsummer Energy

Use the 295Watt Panel

You wont lose that much but you will gain that much more during most of the day...

I hope you have batteries to store all that solar ?

Just a quick note ,I was told the size measurement is off the cells not the overhaul size of the panel So could be a couple of inches bigger than the advertised size ?.

If you want/need 300 watts of solar, you'll be better off in the long run buying 3x100 watt panels.
This is because you can have more flexibility on their positions, you won't suffer complete failure if one goes down, the chances of a panel breaking due to speed bumps etc., will be minimised & (depending on how you wire them up), I think, the inverter will still get full power from the other 2 when one is shaded but I might be wrong about that one!

Phill

Thanks for all the replies I will give mid summer a call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back