solar panel.

Tis horses for courses and we all have different requirements, not to mention different depths of pockets.

The biggest factor is as biggirafe says what you use. We use electrical appliances so that we can make full use of our solar energy. Of course if we used more gas then we wouldn't use so much solar. But we would then be buying more gas. We are happy with using our appliances as its more like home

Don - there are several solar output calculators around that will give you output in amps per day - let me know if you would like one sending

hi, every thing depends on your life style. i travelfor 6mths in winter .get abit short of power end nov-early dec. go to morocco get all the power i need . last year stayed in spain /portugal dec -jan .weather not too smart had to turn fridge /inverter off in night as inverter squeeled .in the summer here usually no probs. i use a 2kw inverter to power a house 240 fridge. and various other things .nothing much. going to change fridge as its an old bad insulated high wattage user.need one thats 80wat. mine is 110wat. at moment. then could use different invertor. best thing i did was fit caravan gas lights when i built the trailer. heat light and keeps mozzies away .

Last edited:
Tis horses for courses and we all have different requirements, not to mention different depths of pockets.
Don - there are several solar output calculators around that will give you output in amps per day - let me know if you would like one sending

I used a Spreadsheet to work out my needs.
Input all your equipment and Wattage, The amount of daylight hours, used the shortesr day. And the programe then worked out and told you what size panel and amount of amph battery required.
Never had any problem being parked up.

Don

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back