Solar Panel Controler: Beeping and help needed to stop it please!!!!!!!

5andy

On our way to Aviemore for a few days and sitting
6B993B10-F569-430D-802E-CCC72C3528A2.jpeg
having lunch in a lay-by this irritating beeping started which was a new one on us. Eventually tracked it down to this small box which describes itself as a Solar Power Controler. Any thoughts about how to stop it. We do not need solar power at the moment so any quick fix will do before I take it to get fixed.

This may be unrelated but.....At the same time the leisure battery indicator showed a big drain in the battery with a flashing Red “A”. It turns out it was the fridge and switching it off saw things return to normal. This beeping is driving us daft ....... help.

Thanks Terry, I had come up with the same links after an initial google. We’re trying to find the company’s phone number to see if they offer technical support. There are wires, which go off to solar panel and battery which I may disconnect as a last resort. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Yeh, just finished speaking to them. Managed to get out through to a technician. He seems pretty relaxed about it and thinks that it is because for whatever reason the battery is low. We’re on hook up and he believes the beeping will stop after a while when the battery is charged again. Don’t know why but I don’t feel optimistic. He’s happy for me to phone him back later if it’s still beeping.

Yeh, just finished speaking to them. Managed to get out through to a technician. He seems pretty relaxed about it and thinks that it is because for whatever reason the battery is low. We’re on hook up and he believes the beeping will stop after a while when the battery is charged again. Don’t know why but I don’t feel optimistic. He’s happy for me to phone him back later if it’s still beeping.
Have you got anyway of testing or a read out of your batteries present voltage? Unfortunately when he says happy if you call back later might mean 'I'm knocking off soon'

If you decide to disconnect the unit follow the battery first on, last off rule. So if you want to shut the thing up and you don’t know where the fuses are take a wire out of the solar input first then one from the battery output and stick a bit of tape on the ends. To reconnect put the battery wire back first and the solar panel second.

Cheers

H

Thanks everyone for your input. Being on a hookup didn’t help. Luckily, Tookey, he was still there when I phoned back! He talked me through disconnecting the battery and solar panel Winks, didn’t advise which one first, but was a bit concerned that I taped off the ends. Apparently getting to the fuse is a bit of a faff. Happy ending to the story and we’re now outside the Old Bridge Inn having our first pub beer in a while.......

Thanks everyone for your input. Being on a hookup didn’t help. Luckily, Tookey, he was still there when I phoned back! He talked me through disconnecting the battery and solar panel Winks, didn’t advise which one first, but was a bit concerned that I taped off the ends. Apparently getting to the fuse is a bit of a faff. Happy ending to the story and we’re now outside the Old Bridge Inn having our first pub beer in a while.......
I was thinking what's a 'solar power Winks' never heard of one them..........glad it's the end of the week!

Love the Old Bridge but it seems to have been removed from Britstops. Are they still ok for you to stay there in the van overnight (we always have a meal and a pint or three while we’re there!)?

Happy ending to the story and we’re now outside the Old Bridge Inn having our first pub beer in a while.......

Are you at Aviemore Sandy?

Usually good grub in the Old Bridge. Hope you're both well and glad your sorted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back