Solar bureau lamp

Belgian

IKEA (the Swedish furniture gigant – of whom I don’t have any connection nor shares ;)) sells a lamp which solves all your lighting problems. . (sorry, no pictures, my camera died :mad:).
It looks like a bureau-lamp: a round base, flexible and a powerfull led at the top. In the base is a 10 x10 cm solarcell, which you can pull out and put e.g. behind the windscreen. The light is warm white LED behind a lense and gives about the same enlighting as a 20 Watt halogen.
We had two off them bought in Sweden (about 15€) and used it every evening, for about 3 hours, without having to depend on the leisure battery which was quite confortable. :cool:

lamp

Hey there Leo
that looks a great idea,now where did I put that Ikea catalogue.

weez
Tony

lamp

thanks for the link jeff

had just got it online

has possibilities

ikea solar light

Thanks for link Jeff
have just read description and noted the ref: to replace 1.2v rechargeable batteries so if the solar charged ones run low you could presumably just replace the batts for the night and recharge again the next day.
Could very well buy these as have been looking for something to replace tha aged strip lights in my old royale (no reading lights is a real pain)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back