So cheap in Cornwall it's hardly worth wilding it!

I've driven past there quite a few times, but I'm always put off thinking it might be a bit 'straight'.

I booked a grass pitch with hook up for 9 days at Parkdeans Lizard Point, arrived today. It cost a mere £63, I don't think that can be beaten can it? Free wifi available but not at the pitch. Entertainment pass as well all for £7 a night.
A lot of parkdeans and Park resort sites are really cheap out of season we used to stay at the one at Walton on the Naze for £3.50 a night with EH cheap as chips. 👍

I have just checked it out on their website and 7 nights for £48 does indeed include hook up on a 9mx9m pitch.

Amazing.

We are thinking of visiting Cornwall in October and with prices like this we are unlikely to do much wild camping. With more doing stuff in the U.K. than is normal we are a bit concerned that all the reasonable wild camping spots will be full. So prebooking cheap sites takes away the potential hassle of finding somewhere to stop overnight.

Maybe i should clear my garden and open up, fiver a night sound ok. 🤔 😂
As long as your garden has a pub, restaurant, indoor pool and put on entertainment you will do well!

It seems that the big holiday park chains are doing cheap deals as they hope to make money out of your use of their facilities. ”Normal” campsites without all the bells and whistles seem a tad expensive by comparison.

Well 'I've had a look around at the various offers, when we've ended up on these types of sites before have never felt quite 'at home', but maybe need rethink our ideas, at these prices with EHU they might be a good idea for cold weather when heating is welcome.

We just use them as a reasonably secure base whilst we go out for the day on the bikes. Somewhere to leave the van and trailer.

Amazing value, just had a quick check for local-ish sites. 9 nights at Grannies heiland hame £86. 9 nights at Nairn Lochloy £229. I think the Caravan Club (C&MH) used to have a deal with Haven for discounts don't know if that's still the case. Craig Tara, Ayr was on their list, reviews of which were one star generally.

I stopped at 2 parkdean sites early September when I went to Scotland the first one was spotless called Southeness but the second one called Sandylands up in Saltcoats was a dump. The touring bit was a dump site itself and location was good but touring was clearly neglected and being used by commercial vehicles towing caravans but both site where about £12 a night.

what pay for camping in a m,home?
mind i have read about some even buying water.
i suppose next it will be about paying just to park .
i say park some where else.

While I like a cheap campsite as much as most, the cost of campsites is not my primary reason for wilding. It’s still good to know that there are bargains out there though.

Obviously need to pick time-duration carefully.
I just tried Lizard Point for 2 nights later this month and it was £46.

I booked a grass pitch with hook up for 9 days at Parkdeans Lizard Point, arrived today. It cost a mere £63, I don't think that can be beaten can it? Free wifi available but not at the pitch. Entertainment pass as well all for £7 a night.

Wow that is a brill price

what pay for camping in a m,home?
mind i have read about some even buying water.
i suppose next it will be about paying just to park .
i say park some where else.
It’s about what’s convenient and also safety. If we are touring around stopping at different rural locations each night then more likely to avoid campsite.

If we are in the same spot for several days focusing on more urban areas more likely to stop on campsite.

Also why use gas to heat and cook when you can use hook up? That could be worth £3-£4 a day now colder days are arriving. Depends how warm you like the van and it’s size I guess. I like the interior to be sauna like but Mrs Moped then complains it’s too hot!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back