Snowdon

Neil and sue

Hello to everyone
Off to walk mt Snowdon where is the closest camp site for us to walk to the mountain please advise me
Thankyou

Theres plenty of parking a Llanberis so you could use any campsite. Right at the mountain railway theres a car park with a charge

53.105509 -4.082149 Tyisaf campsite 01286 870494 nr by

Last edited:
I used to stay in Capel Curig then drive to the car park on Pen-y-Pas,usually for the pyg track

You could camp in Betws Garmon at the campsite, Bryn Gloch.
Then a three mile walk/cycle or bus to base of Ranger Path.
From there it is a 5 hour return walk.

Be warned, the summit is crap as there are a gazillion tourists and the stink of diesel exhaust.

95% of the walk is tranquil however on the Ranger Path

Go at night up Llanberis Path. Done it twice now and the best way to see it, aim to arrive at sunrise. And you can park in normal car park if you buy ticket at 3am...as you have not overnighted.

Go at night up Llanberis Path. Done it twice now and the best way to see it, aim to arrive at sunrise. And you can park in normal car park if you buy ticket at 3am...as you have not overnighted.

It says on Sign barrier locked at I think 21.30 hrs at car park opposite train terminal but not what time it s open by. When we went brilliant morning by half way point you couldn't see your hand in front your face for mist worse than going at night no views at all

As a former Mountain rescue volunteer,unless you are really experienced ,that is quite a foolish suggestion.Other peoples lives will be disrupted rescueing them. As mentioned the weather can change,its a 24 hour thing!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back