Smev Dometic

I would say these are NOT SUITABLE, I would guess that they should be made from silicone

And I'd say if you do a Google search.... There's a bunch of folks that have used them and found them fine....

I'd also say IF you're worried pay the extra and buy the genuine ones.

And I'd say if you do a Google search.... There's a bunch of folks that have used them and found them fine....

I'd also say IF you're worried pay the extra and buy the genuine ones.

The items you linked to are PVC, this is not suitable for high temperatures, I have no intention of buying the vastly overpriced genuine ones when there are suitable silicone ones available.

I got excited for a moment and placed an order, I thought £7.99 was a good price even if still expensive for what they are, it was going well until I saw the postage :eek: 😨
£9.99 P&P for sending 8 grommets
I just nip in so never thought about postage

Has anyone found a cheaper alternative for the pan stand rubber grommets for their hobs at £17.95 for 8 they seem a tad expensive and most of mine have split so I need to replace them.
Dont know if these will work.

Has anyone found a cheaper alternative for the pan stand rubber grommets for their hobs at £17.95 for 8 they seem a tad expensive and most of mine have split so I need to replace them.
Please buy the real thing. It's a rip off price, I know, but they will be made from a high temperature material such as Teflon or silicone and there will be no risk of fire.
FWIW I had to do the same thing in my last van.

I would probably try making them myself out of silicone. You could make a mold out of plaster or clay, fill it with silicone putty, make an indentation of the right size and let it harden.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back