Sky Go , watching my sky tv channels abroad

billyhilly

Hi everyone. Have just signed up to sky tv package on there sky Q 2 box multi- room package, and now
Also as a sky subscriber can watch sky tv go sky go app on my I pad or laptop.
Does anyone know please who has sky tv can this sky go work on my laptop when i am travelling abroad to france, spain, ect. And also will it work abroad for long periods, if i am away from my home and sky Q box for say 3 months in my camper van. Thanks for any info fellow campers.

I used the sky go app on my laptop for 2 months over winter in Portugal and it worked very well.It just involves downloading the app and signing in with your sky ID.A strong internet connection is required,I didn't have that so used a mifi unit with a sim card data package bought at a local vodafone shop in Lagos.It was on 4G and streamed live TV fine.You get a decent programme package but not all are available due to digital rights.BBC programmes can't be viewed through the app because of location restrictions but there is a workaround.

I used the sky go app on my laptop for 2 months over winter in Portugal and it worked very well.It just involves downloading the app and signing in with your sky ID.A strong internet connection is required,I didn't have that so used a mifi unit with a sim card data package bought at a local vodafone shop in Lagos.It was on 4G and streamed live TV fine.You get a decent programme package but not all are available due to digital rights.BBC programmes can't be viewed through the app because of location restrictions but there is a workaround.
I can vouch for that too, we also stream here in PT without too many issues. Last month ,August High season occasional buffering as I think Everyman and his dog were online especially around tea time. We use a NOS mifi which is 4 G unlimited data and costs us €30 per month.

That's good to know, as thinking off going back over to spain, portugal for 3 months over the winter. And dont want to miss the football games, f1 races on sky that I have on my home package. So when you log in with your sky ID abroad you dont need to have a device and software to change your VPN ( think that's what it's called) as sky recognises you are abroad. I have also heard sky send a regular check signal down the phone line to your sky Q box back home each month to check your box is still being used and might deactivate the box if it gets no response from the Q box. Anyone aware if that happens, will the skyQ box still stay On and active for 3 months if not used or does it shut down or goes into standby mode so it does not respond to the monthly check from sky.

i think i would be more worried about someone on the rob around my house whilst i was away lpl

We don’t have a box or anything just pay a one off fee and have 60,000 channels, I didn’t ask many questions all done through IPTV.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back