Six month visa for EU successfully tested

That’s right if you get a visa but that is quite a lot of hassle involving visiting the US embassy with costs involved. For the equivalent of just going to Europe EU citizens and UK citizens use the visa waiver programme which just involves getting an ESTA online but only gives 90 days at a time.

I stand corrected there bill.
It seems that we are out of sync with most other countries then.

Reactions: 2cv
I am seeing more and more posts on FB now where Brit motorhomers have successfully obtained this six month French Visa. Complete PIA but its doable. The latest one I saw they didnt have to make a repeat journey to collect their passports / documents either.
If we ever return to the single market Barry all of this hassle will disappear. But that’s a big if, and probably years away if ever.

If we ever return to the single market Barry all of this hassle will disappear. But that’s a big if, and probably years away if ever.

29385663.jpg

If oor Nicola (the nippy sweetie) gets her way in the new state of Caledonia , we will be back in the EU, have the smackeroo for currency and only be allowed 90 days across the border in Engerland.
Heaven Forbid that happening

Oh God! Please no! :D Once upon a time maybe.
How about one of those E Petitions to the Government where they have to debate it over so many votes could you set that up ? Perhaps not that would have to be the French Government wouldn't it

How about one of those E Petitions to the Government where they have to debate it over so many votes could you set that up ? Perhaps not that would have to be the French Government wouldn't it

There were six million signed for a vote that would have maybe made this thread irrelevant but it didn't change anything.

I think its pointless petitioning our government about anything. They seem a tad busy at the moment anyway playing pass the Prime Minister. My thoughts were though initially to make the French authorities more aware of our predicament. We wont be the only ones. The long term Boatys have been at it a while but I think they were petitioning for 180 days at our government. Waste of time.

There were six million signed for a vote that would have maybe made this thread irrelevant but it didn't change anything.

I think its pointless petitioning our government about anything. They seem a tad busy at the moment anyway playing pass the Prime Minister. My thoughts were though initially to make the French authorities more aware of our predicament. We wont be the only ones. The long term Boatys have been at it a while but I think they were petitioning for 180 days at our government. Waste of time.
Ooooooohhhhhhhh I won’t come over political after my last knuckle wrapping now will I Barry. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Im trying on here, I really am. Its just soooo hard! 😬

Seriously though. No political agenda from me. I loved our freedom of movement, I just want to find a way to reintroduce it as much as possible.
Yep :)

We just have to work with what we have Barry, we can’t reintroduce this.
Extended visas are the way forward to stay more than 90 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we allow visitors to UK 180 days in a 12 month period, that's all we want in return. I have a motorhome and a house in France and the Schengen calculater is a nightmare, especially when you have to change things because the French are on strike. If you holiday in Europe and don't forget cruises in Europe you soon use up your 90 days, we have been to Croatia twice in 2022 but they join Schengen next year.

Is there a email address we could all use to ask the French embassy to consider making the process available by mail

Dont know, I would imagine so. Ive not been back long from our long trip so the idea is still on the back burner for me personally.

None of these are laws, just acts and statutes, there is a difference. Knowledge is what’s needed and a work around is obtained. The description of how would take me hours to type but it can and is being do.
Almost right. You missed one word out. You should have written "there is no difference". Laws can appear as common law following court judgements, or can be created by acts of parliament, or can be made up by means of a statutory instrument. They are all laws that are not optional.

Do we know much premium are they paying on insurance as any I have talked to only allow 90 days in Europe.

Thats a fair point. Im with AIB and they tailor your insurance to your needs and we certainly used to get either a yearly allowance or I think six months EU cover. Safeguard also did a 365 EU policy. I imagine they must still be doing it as Im pretty sure all these motorhomers that are now getting visas wont be winging it, least I hope not. Biggest issue for us I bet will be the bike insurance. That always was hard to get more than 90 days. I did just wing it with that one.

Thats a fair point. Im with AIB and they tailor your insurance to your needs and we certainly used to get either a yearly allowance or I think six months EU cover. Safeguard also did a 365 EU policy. I imagine they must still be doing it as Im pretty sure all these motorhomers that are now getting visas wont be winging it, least I hope not. Biggest issue for us I bet will be the bike insurance. That always was hard to get more than 90 days. I did just wing it with that one.
I'm with AIB and I'm sure when I called for a quote this year for our 90 days travel insurance (June), they passed us on to a 3rd party, as they no longer do this.

They wanted something like £500 (Aviva£150) so hate to think what 180 days would be.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back