Sites within walking distance of the beach?

baba

Hi,

I'm looking for nice sites within walking distance of a beach. Anywhere in the UK is fine, when I say "walking" distance I mean within 10 minutes or so, something easy for the kids and all the bits and bobs that go with them.(inflatables,boogie boards and stuff)
They don't have to be wild sites although that would be even better!

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask...

Thanks, Baba

anywhere

hi there baba. sites aren't my thing but i CAN recommend one at Aberech, just down the road from Pwllheli in Wales. it's just off the A497 on the r.h.s, as you drive away from Pwllheli. it is within two miutes walk of a beautiful, sandy beach and has a heated, indoor pool for the kids and Pwllheli is within walking distance too (better across the beach than road). it's been a few years since i was there but i'm sure it will still be there.

me again

for a wild one, i can recommend Freshwater east and west and Angle, on the B4319 in south Wales and especially Newgale, on the A487, a little further north. the national trust rangers ( who i must say were very polite and helpful ) ask that you don't stay in one spot for more than a night but there are so many gorgeous spots on this stretch of coast, you can easily find enough one nighters to last weeks.

Hi Baba
Don't know where you are in the country but there's a couple near me (Kent)
C&CC folkstone = 1min from beach
Seaview caravan park, Whitstable less than 1min from beach
Or further afield Pentewen sands, just outside Mevagissy where you can have a pitch virtually on the beach

regards...nige

hi . if you want north yorkshire there is filey brigg caravan park its a c. cc site. and theres a few more sites around this area .and a couple of wild sites around whitby.

hi baba not sure where you live but i can recommend the camping and caravanning club site at Beadnell, Northumberland. no electric but 2 mins ( across a main road) FANTASTIC beach.

Thanks for the replies, I'm in south London so those Kent sites are particularly interesting. We visit Wales most years so I'm definitely going to check out that B4319 stretch.

You mentioned the national trust rangers, we're NT members ourselves but we've never worked out if you're allowed to overnight in their carparks.

We went to a beautiful beach in Mwnt,Wales the other year.There's a NT carpark right at the top of the path down to the beach. We had the car and tent then though and I'm pretty sure there was a height restriction/barrier thingy there.....

Thanks again and also please, more of the same.....

Baba

Hi Baba
There are a couple of nice wild camping spots here as well
One at Whitstable (on the beach-road)
And one here in Herne-bay where basically you leave the beach car-park, drive up the hill, stay overnight, then drive back down in the morning.
2mins-up and the same back-down.

regards...nige

hi baba we stayed at a site near hastings the other week called rye bay campsite 13 quid a night no extra costs but no electric, they have a club house and a play ground,the beach is 10 foot across a footpath if you park on that side of the field,our kids loved it , 3 and 6, also theres a mini supermarket 2 mins walk so we did,nt move the van all week.when tides out theres a mile of beach (almost literally)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back