Silver Screens

hairytoes

OK, they are far too expensive for my tastes (unless you guys know otherwise, if so where do you get them cheap?).

How's about getting a carboard box & chopping it up to size & covering it with tin foil?

Punch through a few sucker cups & Roberts yer father's brother.

I'm off to Italy for 6 weeks & I understand they have a fairly large yellow ball of gas in the sky...We don't have issues like this in Ayrshire.

silver screens

I bought the full price one, but I think silverscreens or one such company takes old ones in part ex.

Silverscreens also insulate against the heat!

Jon

You can get camping mats with a silver coating and convert these. I got 3 from Kwik Save several years ago and adapted ;) them to fit Did the job O.K. Don't know where you'd get some now but a swift google might do the trick.

You could buy a space blanket with a plastic backing and cut it to size.

LIDL are doing insulated roll mats with aluminium coating as from monday 18th may £4.99 :)

Got mine off ebay, Towsure are quite cheap. Your cardboard method will be fine for the summer but won't stop condensation or the cold cab area in the winter!

What exactly does the silver bit of the screen do? (especially regarding condensation)

What exactly does the silver bit of the screen do? (especially regarding condensation)

Hi norma,
external silverscreens, stop the cold outside air reaching the glass, internal screens don't and with your warm heavy breathing:D and warm inside temperature from heating sources, creates condensation on the windscreen. They will also repel the sun's rays when we get a bit, and will help to keep the inside of the van cooler.

Happy Camping:)

Last edited:
thanks for that so, presumably cardboard would get soggy (but not if we didn't breathe and wrapped ourselves in clingfilm!)
We want to do a bit of wild winter camping but not sure of the best way of keeping warm.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back