silver screens

flashingblade

hi all. i have a question....siver screens...internal or external ?
i'm really hoping to keep heat in.
i might even get some made for the side windows too so anyone custom manufacturing would be better, probably.

Pity you did,nt ask this question previous to our last meet, Geoff:rolleyes:, I have a roll of silver stuff similar to bubble wrap that I acquired from a building site:eek::cool: with the intention of making my own screens.
I think this material is intended to line cavities in timber framed buildings.

I,ve also got a load of suckers bought from a pound shop:eek: which could be attatched to the cut out shapes.

I,ll see if I can get a photo of the stuff tomorrow and post it, either way,It,s yours if you want it;):)

star

hi lenny. it's all ad-lib. i'm making it all up as i go along. i camped near tall trees on sat (the car park is massive but well lit, like an airport) so passed the complex and took the next turn, a little single track road with a school down the bottom. small lay-by, bit close to road but local house/kennels appeared deserted. did the honourable thing and parked late and left early (ish). i digress,i found that even with the night heater on, it wasn't as hot as i expected so i think screens and renew/beef -up the rear door seals are in order.

Hia
excuse me if I have the wrong person

but did yoy manage to blow your bed up befor you has a drink!!!!!!!:D:D:D

drunken bum

hi polly. was i that bad. i blew it up with the fumes from the drink. possibly explosive ! that would take some explaining on an insurance claim form.

Back to the question in hand - we have both!

The internal ones are VERY quick and easy to use, and I put them up for security EVERY time we park up! But they are not as good at stopping condensation.

The external ones work VERY well, but are not quick to remove for a drive away when wilding, also a pain to put away when wet!

When VERY cold or on a campsite we use BOTH it makes the front of the van VERY snug and as we use the front seats swivelled round to watch TV they really stop the 'cold round the back of the neck' feeling when it's very cold - you also get ZERO condensation!

It really is horses for courses and if you shop around (I bought both sets off ebay) I would recommend buying both! They both seem about as good at reflecting sun/heat in the summer (before you ask that was June 2nd and August 21st!).

i got my screens from the pound shop and cut them to size for the front side windows ,and put them on with suckers also from the pound shop, i also put one on the windscreen the same way although its car size it leaves a clear view few inches around ; its handy ; i do get some condensation on long rainy days ,but it keeps the cold out ; well worth the few quid spent

I have both, but if I'm wild camping I only use the inside ones. If you got a problem outside your van (yob's etc) and you need to drive away the last thing you want to do is have to get out and take your external screens off. It has happened to a good friend of mine once in Spain, so I try and air on the side of caution.

Condensation in the winter months is a problem with my internal screens, I don't know if anyone has been able to overcome this?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back