Silent protest !!!

Reading other articles about people living in vans and caravans in Bristol at least the council is trying to do something looking at why they do this and offering alternatives. Where we live you would just be moved on.

I forget where I read it but there was an article about Polish men etc living in vans on industrial estates, they had jobs but just couldn't find anywhere they could afford to rent, I don't think most landlords are greedy but houses and mortgages are not cheap, and you have to ask the going rate.

I forget where I read it but there was an article about Polish men etc living in vans on industrial estates, they had jobs but just couldn't find anywhere they could afford to rent, I don't think most landlords are greedy but houses and mortgages are not cheap, and you have to ask the going rate.

Says who?

If you're covering your outgoings and making a profit how greedy do you really need to be?!

In my opinion it's tough sh*t for those who have been affected by the removal of tax relief on their buy-to-let mortgages.

If you can afford to buy more than one property you are definitely not poor.

(Speaking as a landlady, btw, before anyone kicks off).

Last edited:
Reading between the lines it looks like a few have spoilt it for everyone.
There are already laws on noise between 2300 and 0700,
it just looks like these are broken continuously and all are paying the price.

Says who?

If you're covering your outgoings and making a profit how greedy do you really need to be?!

In my opinion it's tough sh*t for those who have been affected by the removal of tax relief on their buy-to-let mortgages.

If you can afford to buy more than one property you are definitely not poor.

(Speaking as a landlady, btw, before anyone kicks off).
If the property is in an area where demand is high and landpersons are getting the "going rate" it's the tenants who are picking up that tab.

If the property is in an area where demand is high and landpersons are getting the "going rate" it's the tenants who are picking up that tab.

Is that a statement of agreement Mark?! :oops:;)

Demand for rental is high nearly everywhere as far as I understand it?
I could get way more rent for mine if I wanted to at the so-called "going rate" and let it several times over (yes, it's an area of high demand).

Yes, the tenants "pick up the tag", but not quite sure what you're telling me as that's my point? - but no surprise if I don't quite follow as I often have "totally dumb moments" when my brain gets confused and stops working....!!! :ROFLMAO:😜

Last edited:
Letting agents, Liz sons has three properties a flat and house and shop.

Letting agents is a different matter, one I also have some experience with and why I no longer have a letting agent and wouldn't touch any of them with a barge pole! 😝

Obviously easy for me to say and do that, but can appreciate it might be a different situation for Liz's relatives.

But I still stick to my guns about being too greedy, whether it's an agent or the person who owns more than one property.

(Maybe I also need to mention that I have communist ancestry! 😈 😉🤭:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - now that's a whole other debate!!! 😁 🙃)

Last edited:
Is that a statement of agreement Mark?! :oops:;)

Demand for rental is high nearly everywhere as far as I understand it?
I could get way more rent for mine if I wanted to at the so-called "going rate" and let it several times over (yes, it's an area of high demand).

Yes, the tenants "pick up the tag", but not quite sure what you're telling me as that's my point? - but no surprise if I don't quite follow as I often have "totally dumb moments" when my brain gets confused and stops working....!!! :ROFLMAO:😜

I agree, it is tough for those who have been affected by the removal of tax relief.

I'm saying it's often or inevitable that the tenant will eventually pick that tab up. Not the people who have the mortgage.

I agree, it is tough for those who have been affected by the removal of tax relief.

I'm saying it's often or inevitable that the tenant will eventually pick that tab up. Not the people who have the mortgage.

There's an element of inevitability depending on individual circumstances, but I can 100% guarantee that a large swathe of rental price hiking just now is pure profiteering and nothing less. I sacked my letting agent for trying to do just that, but I'm willing to bet everything I own that 99.99% of all the other landlords they wrote to asking them to do exactly the same thing will have done just that - hiked their rental prices.

Last edited:
Letting agents is a different matter, one I also have some experience with and why I no longer have a letting agent and wouldn't touch any of them with a barge pole! 😝

Obviously easy for me to say and do that, but can appreciate it might be a different situation for Liz's relatives.

But I still stick to my guns about being too greedy, whether it's an agent or the person who owns more than one property.

(Maybe I also need to mention that I have communist ancestry! 😈 😉🤭:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - now that's a whole other debate!!! 😁 🙃)
He's been down that road and regrets it, the rent he was charging five years ago has remained the same, he's not paying an agent so he saves that cost, he's having increased costs himself on upkeep etc so has decided that next year they will have to go up, he's already given the tenants advance notice so if they want to leave they have plenty of time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back