side habitation door not closing properly

jonwrx

hi,
my aluminium door into the habitation area seems to be catching at the bottom when i close the door, ive faffed about with the hinges.. no joy... i have to slam the door then push it hard to close it.. most annoying and loud especially for my neighbours on the site,

was problem in the winter when it was cold too.. not just a hot summer problem..

anyone had a similar problem or suggest how to fix it. (avantgarde 400)

cheers jon

Hi our door goes like that some times and we to checked the hinges and it made it a bit better but it still happens some times and the only way that we found of shutting the door with out slaming it was to split the barn door and close them one at a time and then there is no problem. It works for us
Regards
Steve and Pat

hi,
my aluminium door into the habitation area seems to be catching at the bottom when i close the door, ive faffed about with the hinges.. no joy... i have to slam the door then push it hard to close it.. most annoying and loud especially for my neighbours on the site,

was problem in the winter when it was cold too.. not just a hot summer problem..

anyone had a similar problem or suggest how to fix it. (avantgarde 400)

cheers jon

Hi with mine the hinges had become stiff and because of this the hinges were flexing as you closed the door causing it to catch.

In the end I had to drill some oiling holes in the hindges so that I could oil them once a week. When I had done this and adjusted them everything was fine.

Greetings jonwrx,
I seem to get trouble with about a third of the motorhomes iv'e had in the past. Firstly take it in if its under warranty. Just fixed mine last week, don't know why they don't do them right from the factory. The main trouble ive found is wrongly positioned hinges. The remedy is the file the holes in both door and body if nessesary to get an even gap around the door. This is best done with the retaining catches on the body removed first, so you don't get any other influences. When your happy with the clearance fit, then put the retaining plates back on the body one at a time, assuming that your happy with the first catch doing its job right. Then the next one or two. If your door is a mile out. its a much bigger job and may want redrilling. They may have been slid to their maximum movement already, which you'll soon see. I had to file my plate hooks down last week as well, to get movement both ways, but doing one at a time fixed it in half an hour perfectly. Hope this is of help.
Rgd's Graham.

I found my hab door was catching from new but it was the lock gate on the van post and I filed it down some.

Just have a look at the lock catch first it may save you messing with hinges and stuff :D

thanks guys, ill take your advice and have a play with the door at the weekend..

cheers jon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back