showertray refurb

rockape

My daughter has just bought a Talisman camper, quite old , but a little tired in places, that's the camper not my daughter.
My question is this, is there anything on the market that can be used to paint/coat the shower tray with.
There are a few blemishes but not cracked.
Yours in anticipation.

Don't know what paint you would use to 'refresh' the tray, as in hide the blemishes, but would need to be a paint you can apply to plastic.

Several layers of polyurethane paint on top of that might do the job of sealing and protecting it all afterwards?

I have used speedcote dealers in the past refurbishing trays in various states ...whilst a lot if you don’t shop about want a couple of hundred quid the repairs / refurb can be done in situ which has obvious benefits, it’s also a good remedy on vehicles where often the spares are obsolete or a kings ransom

Thanks for posting this question. Mine is starting to need tarting up and I wasn't sure how to go about it.

if it's fibreglass then you cab re-gel coat it. you have to be careful and some preparation required. Alternatively take the whole lot down to a boat yard and get them to do it. Have a look HERE for some tips

I had the shower tray, sink and another panel under one of the mirrors replaced by AW Marine, all fibreglass instead of the plastic that cracks or turns yellow, they did all the work on mine because they were already doing an insurance repair but they will just make a mould from your tray and make you a fibreglass one
IMG_20190423_193620892.jpg
IMG_20190423_193647669.jpg

IMG_20190423_193632188.jpg

I went down the Protecta coat route. But because it had cracked I drilled a few holes and used low expanding polyurethane foam to support the tray, which had a bit of flex when standing on it. It is now rock solid and looks great. If you mask up the edges it looks like it was designed and made like that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back