Scottish professional Awning services. 😂

Wully

We’ll finally got round to fitting that awning took about an hour and we had it changed. It took longer to fit the electric motor.I was definitely overthinking the job turned out very simple in the end. So I have loads of spares for a Thule omnister awning if any body needs any parts let me know 99% of it is intact

Nice one Wully, these types of jobs try not to over think, just get in there and see how it pans out. I use the same approach for welding jobs. Happy dayz!
Agree. I had a big Cherry tree that was dead and needed to come down but it was close to power and phone lines and a fence. I had to climb it and drop the limbs before I could take the main trunk down. I’ve spent weeks planning and what iffing but when I actually got the saw fired up it easy and straight forward🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Lee thanks big man I’m now half way through my lovely Christmas present from you and your gorgeous wife Linda .

Last edited:
Good morning Wully, I hope the head is soon back to normal.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the Christmas present.
I'll save some toilet cleaner for April when we see you.

Agree. I had a big Cherry tree that was dead and needed to come down but it was close to power and phone lines and a fence. I had to climb it and drop the limbs before I could take the main trunk down. I’ve spent weeks planning and what iffing but when I actually got the saw fired up it easy and straight forward🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Sounds like a possible squeaky bum time, there cal, braver man than me.
I assume it was not raining that day, nor to humid, and you managed to keep at least 4m from the power lines.
When working near these lines wooden ladders are preferred, instead of metal
Rubber gloves, and shoes with thick rubber soles would be worn.
But normally you would have the power removed before going near them.
But I did have to get close to power lines once as a matter of urgency, and it scared the you know what out of me. Something that health and safety would not allow us to do now.

To be frank I would have had the power removed and the cables earthed before doing what you did. There was a case in the 80s cal were two kids sitting on a wall above an electrified railway line in Kilbirnie street in Glasgow were killed. They were about 3.5m away at the time, but the current arced towards them killing them both when a train went past, I used to walk past that wall when I lived in Shawlands when walking to my work. Sometimes I had a Walkman on, and when I walked past the current interfered with it.

Last edited:
If you are lucky and worst happened your knees will come up with enough force to throw you off the ladder. Saw this with a friend (actually working for power company on lines but something had gone wrong) obviously shook up but perfectly okay. That was the lines on the old telegraph poles but can’t remember voltage, we’re the 3k/33k?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back