Scotlands east coast

BedfordMJ

Well I should be off this Thursday or Friday to Scotland most probably the East coast as I've spent a fair but of time on the west coast.
Does anyone have any recommendations for me?
Please PM me places if you don't want to put them on the open board.
I do want to go to John o'Groats and also see if I can do a bit of Dolphin watching.
best wishes

Simon.

dolphins

Hi there
We can assure you it is worth going to Chanonry Point to watch the dolphins
the display can be awesome.
Remember to be patient, certain times of the tide it is a great show .
Sorry we cant give you any wilding spots being new to this. ourselves'
The East Neuk of Fife is also worth a visit with some lovely little places like Crail etc . hope you have a great time and the weather improves for you

weez

Well I should be off this Thursday or Friday to Scotland most probably the East coast as I've spent a fair but of time on the west coast.
Does anyone have any recommendations for me?
Please PM me places if you don't want to put them on the open board.
I do want to go to John o'Groats and also see if I can do a bit of Dolphin watching.
best wishes

Simon.

Assuming you will be heading up the A1 via Newcastle and Edinburgh, I should be able to help you out on sites in the Newcastle and Northumberland area, (roughly halfway between Sheffield and Edinburgh);)

Assuming you will be heading up the A1 via Newcastle and Edinburgh, I should be able to help you out on sites in the Newcastle and Northumberland area, (roughly halfway between Sheffield and Edinburgh);)

Hi Lenny,
Yes our plans are to go up the A1 and we won't be rushing. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there
We can assure you it is worth going to Chanonry Point to watch the dolphins
the display can be awesome.
Remember to be patient, certain times of the tide it is a great show .
Sorry we cant give you any wilding spots being new to this. ourselves'
The East Neuk of Fife is also worth a visit with some lovely little places like Crail etc . hope you have a great time and the weather improves for you

weez

I had planned to visit Chanonry point but also I did read some other areas where dolphins can be seen. I'm not sure that this is the right time of year but we are going anyway.
I also hope the weather is at least ok.

Hi Lenny,
Yes our plans are to go up the A1 and we won't be rushing. Any help would be appreciated.

Hiya,Beddy, How about for the first leg of your journey, a drive north hitting the A1 then after about 140 miles you should be somewhere around the Metro centre (largest indoor shopping centre in europe), park up behind and adjacent to the coach park and maybe have lunch in comfortable surroundings and maybe a little shopping before you head off up North.
Then I,ll need to know which route you are taking next, either A1 north,coastal route or scenic route via Coldstream.

Hi Lenny,
I think probably A1 as it will be an easier drive in the truck and might save me a few aches and pains :)
I also need to avoid tight roads and narrow entrances and low bridges.
Happy for any advice.
cheers

Simon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back