Scotland

boatman

Am going to be away for three weeks from tomorrow, off to Scotland. Only three nights planned, tomorrow the site at Tebay Services, then a CL near Edingburgh for two nights, and then who knows where. Only one slight problem, a friend has just bought a caravan and is coming with us. Only one problem, his car is under powered for the job, so I think it is going to be a case of meet you at wherever at the end of each day. I don't really want to be stuck behind a caravan going up the Lochs & Glens. Wish me luck.:( :( :(

Thanks for your words of encouragement, Happy Hippy. One thing you can be sure of, we will have fun come what may.:) :) :)

boatman said:
Am going to be away for three weeks from tomorrow, off to Scotland. Only three nights planned, tomorrow the site at Tebay Services, then a CL near Edingburgh for two nights, and then who knows where. Only one slight problem, a friend has just bought a caravan and is coming with us. Only one problem, his car is under powered for the job, so I think it is going to be a case of meet you at wherever at the end of each day. I don't really want to be stuck behind a caravan going up the Lochs & Glens. Wish me luck.:( :( :(
tebay: look at your atlas of M6 between junctions 38 &39, there is a common land, on a singl track road between these junctions to the east of the M6, about half mile from motorway (7 miles of J38) not for big vans though, between 2 cattlegrids is common land so you can park and see the M6 accross the river, vallley, and railway line

chanonry point

does any one know the parking situation at the above place to view the dolphins etc. ?

Visited Chanonry Point in October 06.Large no overnight camping signs in the car park! We found a forestry site on the road to CromartyA832 a few miles outside Rosemarkie. Gravelled area with trees surrounding. Warning , the site is on a fast, straight stretch of road on the right. Forestry signs were not clear.

does any one know the parking situation at the above place to view the dolphins etc. ?

NEW signs are there ' no overnight parking' , not surprising really as its bang in front of 3 houses :eek: we ended up on the Dingwall C&CC site as i timed getting there late on purpose only to find the new signs there:(

My wife usually has a long stay in the hospital at Dingwall once a year.
Rather than the site off Ferry Rd. by the football ground, I prefer the Brahan Estate http://www.brahan.com/ Water, chemical toilet point and excellent walks

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back