Scotland

Fentiger

Hi. We are going to Scotland ending up on the Isle of Skye. Is there a guide to wild camping places in Scotland? We spend all our holidays wild camping in France and don't relish 2 weeks of paying for camp sites.

Hi. We are going to Scotland ending up on the Isle of Skye. Is there a guide to wild camping places in Scotland? We spend all our holidays wild camping in France and don't relish 2 weeks of paying for camp sites.
We do have a member who lives on Skye called Sagart but i dont recall him being on here for a while, also i have a mate who go's there every year he says there is wild camping on Skye.

Last edited:
Hi,
Drove back round Skye from the Hebrides. Bit of a whistle stop tour so did not explore that much.

Had a good night on the harbour car park at Staffin overlooking Staffin island.
The drive down the NE coast is spectacular, the Trennishes are really rugged. Not so good for beaches though

Wild camping was not so good round the Cuillins. Drove down Glen Brittle, quite busy, no camping signs and a camp site at the end - wanted more money than we thought it was worth - so turned round and went back

Was on our way home so we did not try too hard but found a place to stop just outside Broadford on the road to Torrin. Pleasant walk along the line of a
railway from the site of the marble quarry (few visible signs left).
Ok for a night in passing but not outstanding

Robert

We do have a member who lives on Skye called Sagart but i dont recall him being on here for a while, also i have a mate who go's there every year he says there is wild camping on Skye.

Sorry, down in South Devon on an annual family visit and won't be back until late September......still hovering though when I can get on line.
Had two months in Oregon earlier this year...free wi fi everywhere, not down here!:)

Last edited:

When are you thinking of going? I'm away from home at present, but can provide full details later this month.
Or, search on posts from "Sagart" and you will find several posts giving details. By and large, there are no problems and plenty of places to use...we natives are quite friendly!

Hi Sagart,
How you doing hope you are having a good time.
Thanks for your reply it should be a great help for Fentiger when he comes back online, Cheers.:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back