Scooter rack wanted.

Just bought a vespa now want to take it away with us. Before I break the bank does anyone here have one gathering dust they want to sell.
Hi. I have an Armitage scooter rack ( chassis mounted) for sale. Used it for a Vespa on the back of our Sprinter chassied Hymer. Great bit of kit. Where about are you located/

Hi. I have an Armitage scooter rack ( chassis mounted) for sale. Used it for a Vespa on the back of our Sprinter chassied Hymer. Great bit of kit. Where about are you located/
Hi, thanks for reply. As the Laird said I'm in Dunfermline but willing to travel for collecting.

I hated that gear change on my Lambretta J125 Neil.

You had to be a bloody contortionist to go through the gears.
I had a J125 too, Rob [JUY 631D IIRC]. 3 speed twist grip. The worst feature was judging the rh turn so that you didn't gring to a halt, especially uphill, when the throttle shut off ... That, and starting it, and the way the [already poor] headlights faded away to candle power when the revs dropped ...

My first trip after buying it [never having ridden a scooter before] was a short 300 yards or thereabouts to a mate's house [motorbike nutter], whose Dad was a Council Gardener and who won the 'Best Kept Garden' and 'Best Roses' Prizes each year, until I arrived ... The scooter hadn't been used for months, and refused to start initially. When it did restart, I gave the throttle some hammer, to avoid stalling, but dropped the clutch in a bit heavily ... Mounted the pavement, over the smaller kerbstone separating the garden from the verge, and ended up amidst the rosebushes, with the soft soil keeping the scooter upright ...

'What kept you, our Stephen?', enquired my father. When Gary's Dad arrived to complain about his rosebushes, no further enquiries were necessary :ROFLMAO:

Steve

I had a J125 too, Rob [JUY 631D IIRC]. 3 speed twist grip. The worst feature was judging the rh turn so that you didn't gring to a halt, especially uphill, when the throttle shut off ... That, and starting it, and the way the [already poor] headlights faded away to candle power when the revs dropped ...

My first trip after buying it [never having ridden a scooter before] was a short 300 yards or thereabouts to a mate's house [motorbike nutter], whose Dad was a Council Gardener and who won the 'Best Kept Garden' and 'Best Roses' Prizes each year, until I arrived ... The scooter hadn't been used for months, and refused to start initially. When it did restart, I gave the throttle some hammer, to avoid stalling, but dropped the clutch in a bit heavily ... Mounted the pavement, over the smaller kerbstone separating the garden from the verge, and ended up amidst the rosebushes, with the soft soil keeping the scooter upright ...

'What kept you, our Stephen?', enquired my father. When Gary's Dad arrived to complain about his rosebushes, no further enquiries were necessary :ROFLMAO:

Steve

I was only 14 when I had mine Steve. Out on it one day and the clutch cable snapped so I did what any 14 year old would do under those circumstances.

I chucked it off a bridge. :)

This post is for Ian and Cath (or anyone else interested). I now have the Easylifter at my address. It is complete apart from the small steel plate that attaches behind the tow ball. I am going to call the Company today to find the price of a replacement. When I get that information I will put the price up. It will be quite cheap as I am selling it on behalf of a lovely old couple who had to sell their Hymer some time ago due to ill health. It is the model with the hydraulic (not manual) lift arrangement. Excuse the cobwebs on it, I will clean it up shortly.
SAM_0713.JPG

Cheap at £200 the sub mounting plate is a must to use it though. There should be a trailerboard mounting bracket as well that slides into the small box section sticking out of the .back..

Cheap at £200 the sub mounting plate is a must to use it though. There should be a trailerboard mounting bracket as well that slides into the small box section sticking out of the .back..
My friends Wife has found the gas bottle and regulator for the Cadac I am selling on their behalf, so I am going to collect that. I will have a look for the trailerboard and pass it on to the new owner if he needs it.

Back