Scheppach 1200w Inverter Generator

If you read it they are only 800w continuous output, made in china like most are, I have the smaller 650w units and the first thing to go is the fuel tap which dissolves and crumbles over a short time, can be bought trade for about 50/ 60 bucks with other makers names on them.

Not suggesting you use one on a regular basis but 800w would charge your batteries and get you moving.

Is the fuel tap an easy fix?

Not suggesting you use one on a regular basis but 800w would charge your batteries and get you moving.

Is the fuel tap an easy fix?
Yes it will do the job, tap hole in the tank is a strange size and I have tried loads and no one will fit, I may have to cut the tank and weld in a new thread section to fit common size tap threads, BQ sold them under the wolf name and cosmo.

It would seem silly for a big company like Aldi to sell something which in known to be duff unless it has been upgraded. Perhaps someone can try one and send it back under guarantee? I have not got a van anymore so it makes no sense for me. Just posted for info.

Aldi give a 3 year warranty, we bought a tiller from them which failed after 30 months so we contacted their warranty department, it was collected a few days later and we received an email later to say it was unrepairable so did we want a replacement or a refund, we were impressed so if anyone needs a generator it will not be a bad option for this price

I am not an Aldi customer but I do buy the same kind of stuff from their fellow country rivals, LIDL.
I don't know if the approach is similar but I have found if I ever took anything back as faulty they never seen to entertain the idea of warranty repairs and just do a refund in the shop (no idea what they actually do with the stuff they get back in? repair and sell off? I suspect job lots sold cheap to 3rd parties or destroyed).

I am not an Aldi customer but I do buy the same kind of stuff from their fellow country rivals, LIDL.
I don't know if the approach is similar but I have found if I ever took anything back as faulty they never seen to entertain the idea of warranty repairs and just do a refund in the shop (no idea what they actually do with the stuff they get back in? repair and sell off? I suspect job lots sold cheap to 3rd parties or destroyed).
Its crushed, we have a big depo at Nuts corner old ww2 airfield.

A review from the Aldi page which may shed some light.

★★★★★★★★★★4 out of 5 stars.
· 20 hours ago

As Described - Inaccurate Review​

I feel the previous reviewer is somewhat inaccurate with the criticism levelled about this unit. It seems they have a poor grasp of how an inverter generator works and seems to have posted their inaccuracies without doing any research! So to correct the misconception -
First, the generator's alternator produces high voltage multiphase AC power. The AC power is then converted to DC. Finally the DC power is converted back to AC by the inverter. The inverter also smooths and cleans the power to make it high quality. A special microprocessor controls the entire process, as well as the speed of the engine.
The above allows for better fuel consumption and more importantly provides a cleaner waveform to best emulate your home electricity supply. The inverter generator is far, far better for running delicate electronic equipment from than the usual "site generator" type of unit.

I think that is a misprint.
For £150, pure sine wave. That would be a bargain!
You see a lot of inverters (as well as inverter-generators) promoted as being Pure Sine Wave and when you look at the output they are better than the typical MSW Inverter but not close to a genuine Pure Sine Wave output (but the makers know very few buyers will ever be able to check so get away with it).

You see a lot of inverters (as well as inverter-generators) promoted as being Pure Sine Wave and when you look at the output they are better than the typical MSW Inverter but not close to a genuine Pure Sine Wave output (but the makers know very few buyers will ever be able to check so get away with it).
The way they describe it as 1200w which most people would read as 1200watts is a little naughty as well but that's common nowadays.

There arn't many 3 yr warranty's on machinery so as long as you understand your just getting £150 worth of generator should be good

I had a Lidl reading lamp that failed so contacted customer services online, they just sent me a new one from Germany and didn't want the old one returned. I guess they would just scrap it anyway so saved themselves the return postage cost.

I just thought it was worth resurrecting this thread to point out that this generator is currently in the online sale section of Aldi for £89.99 plus delivery

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back