Scarborough

AdriaTwin

Free Member
I've heard there's a new CDP on marine drive ( North bay). Does anyone know if SBC have changed parking regs on there to include overnight parking. Which was previously banned for motorhomes. Seems odd to provide facilities without parking.

According to the council web site
"Suitable for Motorhomes/ Caravans No - Prohibition of waiting of motor caravans between 11pm and 7am"

P.S. to get a definitive answer, I suggest you contact the council directly rather than rely on self appointed "experts" (like me!)

Yes you can but only further out of town
25ED0526-C30D-4204-AC31-9DA1BD461BDF.jpeg
FD8B2869-988E-4AAC-8BFE-8793B243F87F.jpeg

Any progress in Whitby?
Depends how brave you are we have overnighted once there this year out of season and got away with it but I’m quite willing to pay my fine if I get one it balances out all the free nights I’ve had, you can overnight at Sandsend and walk into Whitby or drive in before 9 am in the morning so you can get daytime parking easier.

Depends how brave you are we have overnighted once there this year out of season and got away with it but I’m quite willing to pay my fine if I get one it balances out all the free nights I’ve had, you can overnight at Sandsend and walk into Whitby or drive in before 9 am in the morning so you can get daytime parking easier.
So no change then ? Asking because as far as I know Whitby is run by Scarborough.
When you say free nights do you have a free spot (don't need to tell me) or do you mean paying the same parking fees as other motorists ?
Haven't been there for a few years now , very fond of the place

So no change then ? Asking because as far as I know Whitby is run by Scarborough.
When you say free nights do you have a free spot (don't need to tell me) or do you mean paying the same parking fees as other motorists ?
Haven't been there for a few years now , very fond of the place
My free nights are when I park up on the moors at blue bank carparks or at Sandsend and park on the front in Whitby during the day but one night I could not be bothered to move so I took the risk of a fine but the ticket fairy never came. 😂

Marine Drive at Scarborough is free to overnight and costs £9 for 12hrs daytime charge. So a 24hr stay for £9. Not bad for a location with views like that. I confirmed this with a traffic warden during my last visit who said the council were trialling it for this year. He did say if you take up multiple bays you must buy multiple tickets or expect to be given a ticket. Lets hope people use it responsibly so it continues.

My free nights are when I park up on the moors at blue bank carparks or at Sandsend and park on the front in Whitby during the day but one night I could not be bothered to move so I took the risk of a fine but the ticket fairy never came. 😂
Whereabouts in Whitby did you park ?
I used to park in the huge , empty (in the evening) carpark behind the coop . I should add with a nod and wink from tourist office.
Got a ticket there once and managed to fight it successfully.
Then , as I understand it , it all shut down.
Still pisses me off

Whereabouts in Whitby did you park ?
I used to park in the huge , empty (in the evening) carpark behind the coop . I should add with a nod and wink from tourist office.
Got a ticket there once and managed to fight it successfully.
Then , as I understand it , it all shut down.
Still pisses me off
I just park right on the top past the whalebones opposite the toilets and the rugby pitch there are signs but I just thought bullocks I’ll just chance it’s see what happens you win some you lose some this time I won. 😂😂

Just back from here although the council are trialing it they have not removed the big rocks that prevent anything longer than a car fitting in a bay. Some rocks have been pushed away so you can get your overhang over the grass. But speaking to some of the local van owners the council come along every so often with a grab and replace the rocks and are thinking or replacing them with a steel rail that can't be removed. So I would say they are tolerating vans but are not happy about it. You can of course park across bays and purchase multiple tickets or park in the few sideways bays on the hill. We used the ringo app and never seen a warden but was out from 10am to after 6pm.Leaving this morning peasholm park had flooded and caused the 2 roundabouts and corner of the seafront to become rather wet:ROFLMAO: boy racers are still a problem but the rain kept it quiet last night although a beeper went past twice early hours, locals tell me its a taxi driver.

Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back