Scarborough motorhome friendly?

mikejay

Just seen this on facebook Scarborough have changed there tune by the looks of it. And certainly better value than some councils by the looks of it.

Mike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220821-192732_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220821-192732_Facebook.jpg
    826.4 KB · Views: 167
Although reading some of the comments on this facebook post lots of the locals are still unfriendly and hostile😡

Mike

Just seen this on facebook Scarborough have changed there tune by the looks of it. And certainly better value than some councils by the looks of it.

Mike
As Scarborough run Whitby have things changed there ?

Mike
We saw that and were quite excited. Scarborough was always the holiday spot of choice for my family when I was a boy and it still invokes precious memories. We sometimes deviated from the Norfolk-Teesside run to go over the Humber Bridge and stop in Scarboro' but being a tightwad I always parked on Queen's Parade, above Royal Albert Drive, as it is free for 2 hours with a parking disc (available from local hotels).

Would I park overnight on Marine Drive? It could be noisy, there could be "boy racers" (other genders are available), unfriendly locals might cause problems, high tides combined with easterly winds could produce a lot of salt spray. So probably not.

Gordon

The WC is on a road called Albert Drive and the pay and display machines are run by North Yorkshire County Council. (there are council mergers all over north York's planned for 1 April 20w3). At moment Scarborough Borough Council signs no overnighting at several of their p and display carparks and I cannot see that changing before next April. I agree Gordon's remark about boy racers. Even so ten vans per night is not unusual.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back