Say hi to Burt #Tin_Top_Adventures

• Thread starter Deleted member 79649
  • Start date
Great job. Mind that wound up cable which looks 'under load' in the corner, be a shame to lose that lovely workshop
It's got a dab radio plugged into it hardy drawing much current my son is an electrician and he is supposed to be installing sockets for me as soon as I can drag him of his xbox lol

Load of wimps, I just had the softest bit of ground I could find, if it was warm and dry sleep in the open, otherwise pitch the tent.
If you wanted comfort (koff koff) you slept on the bike leaning on the tank bag 😂😂😂

or in the sidecar if no kids with me 👍

Nice job, you must be well chuffed.

Best not to leave the cable wrapped on the reel when in use.

You're obviously very skillfully at carpentry but have you checked the weight?
"Proper" plywood is very heavy!!

Last edited:
Nice job, well done ... Hoping to do similar in the not too distant, may be picking your brain 😉

From self build admiration to old comedy sketch and back to self build admiration.

The more I look the more I appreciate the levels of dedication and skill involved.
Your Grandad, Burt, I'm sure would be pleased.

Reactions: 2cv
You're obviously very skillfully at carpentry but have you checked the weight?
"Proper" plywood is very heavy!!
Its light weight Morland ply and yes we have a weigh bridge at work fully loaded with a full tank of fuel and water it comes in at 2578 km so have enough payload left for the wife lol

Its light weight Morland ply and yes we have a weigh bridge at work fully loaded with a full tank of fuel and water it comes in at 2578 km so have enough payload left for the wife lol
Well done!
You've obviously thought it through properly before you invested what must have been a lot of time and money on your project.
It would have been such a shame to have achieved such a fine result to find that the van was too heavy to be legal.
Now enjoy it when you are able.

Rice paper? Luxury! We had to sleep in thin air. Levitate. Close yer eyes and yer fell off 🤬

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back