Saxilby Meet Missing Parts

stonedaddy

These parts could belong to anyone who was on the Saxilby meet. I found them checking round the site at the end of the meet and they could be anyones. The most likely owner could be John (KellyJohn) whose van was parked over these objects but they could have been kicked there by anyone from anywhere. They look like they are of a Truma gas fire or Truma blown air heating system. I am pretty sure they are off one of our vans but not sure which. I have put these photo's on the Saxilby meeting thread but have had no response. I think Sue (Daisymini) as also got a bit of something as well. If anyone recognizes them let me know and I will get them to the owner. .... Tom .... P3241618.jpgP3241619.jpgP3241620.jpgP3241621.jpg

Hi Tom

I rang John and he thinks they are his, he said he heard a loud pop when he lit his fire, then it went out, i told him what you had found he said he was going to message you, if you want to bring them to the Buxworth meet, i will probably be seeing John or i can pass them to DT who might see him before me,either way he will get them

Yup bringing them

OK Jen gonna bring them with me and let you take charge. Sue said she had found some bits too and was going to put a photo on but I have not spotted it yet.
.... Tom ....

my missing part??

014.jpg015.jpg

Heres the part Geoff found it looks like the vent cover..!! Sorry i didnt put it on earlier i forgot all about it..!!

Im wondering if the gas smell we all could smell had come from Johns van..?? Geoff said he heard a loud bang and went outside to look as he thought somebody had thrown something at the vans...lol...!!

If you want me to post it John PM me and ill gladly return it to you...;)

Yup other end

View attachment 12582View attachment 12583

Heres the part Geoff found it looks like the vent cover..!! Sorry i didnt put it on earlier i forgot all about it..!!

Im wondering if the gas smell we all could smell had come from Johns van..?? Geoff said he heard a loud bang and went outside to look as he thought somebody had thrown something at the vans...lol...!!

If you want me to post it John PM me and ill gladly return it to you...;)

Yes Sue that is the flu that usually sticks out the roof. It looks quite a major fault as the bits I have got come from under the van off the bottom of the heater. Your bits are off the roof so it looks like John as only got the bit in the middle left. Mind you it is the main bit the rest of the heating system :D:D ..

.... Tom ....

hi all sorry had no internet access thankyou for finding parts stonedaddy these are off the bottom of heater the roof vents not mine that is still attached , i had build up of gas when ignited and prob blew off bottom thanks all im sure work way to me somehow cheers john
:)

The exact same thing happened to me whilst parked up at a campsite in the NE England.
(can't remember the site name but they don't accept caravans.)
Anyway, I went off to have a shower in the morning leaving the wife in the van.
Heard a loud bang but thought nothing of it.
Got back to the van and the missus asked me to put the heater on.

Drove off site later and got a phone call whilst visiting Lindisfarne.
Site owner found the metal bits exactly the same as kellyjohn's lying on the grass where my van had been.
Drove back to site to see just what had come off myvan and only then did my wife admit that the loud bang had come from my van when she had tried to light the heater.
Anywa, had a look under the van and refitted said items when I got home.
My van is an Elddis Autoquest 130.

THE big bang

We had the big bang event, but it was because we had left the gas vent cover on outside on our eldiss and it blew the flue cover way up into the trees!! A friend came out who had been in the army and said he thought it was a mortar going off.

The exact same thing happened to me whilst parked up at a campsite in the NE England.
(can't remember the site name but they don't accept caravans.)
Anyway, I went off to have a shower in the morning leaving the wife in the van.
Heard a loud bang but thought nothing of it.
Got back to the van and the missus asked me to put the heater on.

Drove off site later and got a phone call whilst visiting Lindisfarne.
Site owner found the metal bits exactly the same as kellyjohn's lying on the grass where my van had been.
Drove back to site to see just what had come off myvan and only then did my wife admit that the loud bang had come from my van when she had tried to light the heater.
Anywa, had a look under the van and refitted said items when I got home.
My van is an Elddis Autoquest 130.

Makes you wonder how safe these meets are, with exploding vans and bits flying everywhere. lol

Chimney Top

hi all sorry had no internet access thankyou for finding parts stonedaddy these are off the bottom of heater the roof vents not mine that is still attached , i had build up of gas when ignited and prob blew off bottom thanks all im sure work way to me somehow cheers john
:)

I wonder who's van the chimney top is off if its not Johns. It must be off one of the Saxilby meet vans. Hang on to those bits Daisymini as I am sure the owner will realize soon that his flu is missing. I would ask everyone to check their roofs as water will pour in next time it rains.
.... Tom ....

The very reason why I don't use gas... good old wood for me :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back