Satnav/dashcam plus many other things built in.

Splitter arrived I tried the drive and the phone on it, No joy, I tried both on it singly, No joy, I just plugged the phone lead in the car no splitter, worked fine, I tried the drive in the car no splitter worked fine so the splitter is not going to work unless it is kaput.

I've tried my mouse blue tooth in it and it works fine on both sides of the splitter.

Not sure how to achieve my objective, it should be this difficult should it?

It specifies car use.

Screenshot_20240815-181001_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Another MG3 hybrid Troph owner says this will work out of the USB C socket so one on order.

I couldn't find any mention of setting height and width so NBG for a motorhome IMUO. I used to use TomTom until they did the dirty and 'updated' my system and stopped it working. Even switched the 'free call number' to premium rate as soon as I connected. Won't ever use them again.

I now use an Aguri, I should say it's great. It ain't, it's rubbish. I just have to work with it as there is nothing on the market that will do the job properly. Too many people have jumped on the band wagon and added 'features' that do nothing to get you there the way you want to go. There, as quick as possible! If I wanted to get there as quick as possible I'd probably fly not spend money on a motorhome
Safe Journeys

Splitter arrived I tried the drive and the phone on it, No joy, I tried both on it singly, No joy, I just plugged the phone lead in the car no splitter, worked fine, I tried the drive in the car no splitter worked fine so the splitter is not going to work unless it is kaput.

I've tried my mouse blue tooth in it and it works fine on both sides of the splitter.

Not sure how to achieve my objective, it should be this difficult should it?

It specifies car use.

View attachment 134157
That says 1 in 2 out, if you are trying to use two separate drives on one input you need a switchable 2 in 1 out

1 in 2 out was what I thought I needed Terry, I wasn't aware of another type, I didn't see one either or I'd have asked which is best, I'll see if this new way works and if not return it and see if I can find 2 in 1 out but the connections need to be the same.

Actually 2 in 1 out wouldn't work as I wanted thumb drive on one and phone on the other but both working, basically to get around the phone not playing music properly

1 in 2 out will not work, they do not work in reverse, it splits one connection to two outputs not two inputs to one output, you can get bidirectional ones although you have to switch between one or the other so both can be connected but only one in use at a time, which isn't what you want
://www.amazon.co.uk/Selector-Bi-Directional-Aluminum-Switcher-Computers/dp/B0CQQZKB4N/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2172R648G9EYF&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.7EmAZU55_Cbh2qtuLRUflFMIyO91CgrvzyCYVMNethxQ-MXvrrm-ZAP14nUJ0VvDfzMRC-zpEpNSkpoLxM0qzd562hHoPanyMhfa6bGkIrtnOuPf6fZf0ITXcENJocZ4zBs1XgEZ4ZKS92eS6rK6rrOtjvfiEGbojxoGC1DecXfjKAWz86rXd2wPPQBnT81m9GxjCngMEdChTFao2Ucq76fditWjDLSJuNZTFtYf7zI.uepL_bqiD1D8r1Pi0KUjrB-0JGWzQcTv8BKFEueBx14&dib_tag=se&keywords=2+in+1+out+usb&qid=1723972991&sprefix=%2Caps%2C623&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY

1 in 2 out will not work, they do not work in reverse, it splits one connection to two outputs not two inputs to one output
Yeah I can see the idea now Terry, It's gone back this morning, I'm waiting on delivery of a c plug to a socket to plug the thumb drive in, the 2 into one is no use to me anyway.

Well, after a little trip to Been & Queued for a good screw,

I can report that VLC is also not very good, it did play music, but I tried everything to force it to change track, all I could get was volume, pause and play unless I used the phone itself.

We went out for our first day out in the new car today, plugged the phone in and got Android Auto running Poweramp, music playing straight, lovely, played fine all day until about 2pm, then it went awry, it would sit on pause, if I pressed play it started to play, then started flashing thought the other tunes then stoped on pause on a different tune, it did this several times.
What car do you drive and what is the name of your unit

Update

All working fine now, the MGs software has succumbed to my wishes.

I was advised to get this by someone who had already confirmed it would work in the MG3 Hybrid forum.

The car has a dedicated AA USB port, a 12v lighter socket and a USB C port.

The phone is connected via the AA port, and you plug the above cable into the USB C port, then the thumb drive into that (no mention of it being connected to AA at all in the manual) so I can have Google at my voice command, the phone doesn't play the music at all, and all my MP3s play via the cars software with is quite good, repeat, shuffle and list, with a decent equaliser, and it goes up to 30 as well, but 12 is fine.

Result = Happy Bear.

Back