satellite tv.

kalamitty

was out and about over the weekend, ended up in a valley where there were no phone signals or radio tv etc. so whilst the other half was getting a tan decided to play with the new toy i got recently from aldi, a camping sat kit. it only took five mins to set up and then i got 85 channels on it and a good picture, wish i bought one instead of that digital ariel on the roof which is rubbish could have saved some money. so on dark winter nights will have something to while away the hours.:)

re sat kit

interested in what you have bought.
would like aone myself , is it a complete kit ? and what did it cost you, just wonder if they have any left.:eek:

Hi kalamitty, you said your digital aerial was no good, have you tried it with one of those small signal amplifiers(work on 12v) about £10, I use one and its spot on, also use sat as well....Bob

Hi Wilthebeast ( love the name!! ).

I have an Aldi ( Tevion ) satellite kit, it cost me £64.99 and includes the dish, sat box, sat finder, compass, mains and 12volt adapters, suction cup bracket, wall bracket and all the cables you need and instructions.

Its the best value kit I've seen, if you look on Ebay they are going for about the £200 mark for a similar kit.

Not sure if Aldi have any left, I got mine from Redditch, best to phone your local store to find out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Randonneur.

the sat kit i got from aldi for £64, came with everything needed but went to maplins and got a better sat finder. went on you tube to find out how to set it all up once you know the angle it's a doddle. as for using a amplifer the ariel came with one and even next to the crystal palace ariel the picture was still rubbish channels missing etc. now i'm going to work out a system to connect the cable to the van without having a window open to keep the midges out. off to maplins again.

Thanks for all the info guys much apprecated , cheers:)

that's a brill idea simong, but on the side of my van i have a external bbq gas take off point (which has never been used by me) similar with a sliding cover so will remove the gas conection and make it safe, then i have got a sat conector which will fit in the box a length of cable to run under the seating to a conector to the box and bingo no windows open. now wife can watch britains not got talent etc just had a thought ! better tell her sat don't work don't fancy watching all that rubbish again.:rolleyes:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97179

Seen these? - Designed to allow a TV aerial or satellite cable to pass through a window frame without having to drill a hole through the wall

Window Frame F Cable > Maplin

Cheers

IWM

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back