Sat TV Problem

flower3bird

We are away travelling in NW France and having Sat TV problems which we do not seem to be able to sort out. I wondered if any of you guys had any pearls of wisdom for me please?
Our set up – An automatic big dish Sat Dish Magic Sat 2002 + black box controller, via a Sky Freeview SatTV box, onto the telly. System has worked fine since we had it installed about 4 years ago.
We always used to bring in Free Sat via 402, which is Astra 28e (28.2E). But since arriving in France this year all we get is notification that the Sat finder has found the Sat (402) and is locked. But then we get a message from the Sky Freeview digi box saying ‘no satellite signal is being received’.
What we have tried
Back up (twice)
Tried getting on to Hotbird 403 – which we can get, but we cannot see any of the UK progs via it.
Phoned Sky – useless waste of time
Tried contacting our UK dealer but they seem to have gone out of business as they no longer have a web site or a phone working.
From the Sky box menu we had a good look at the settings and can see the following information........
System Set Up/installer set up/LNB set up/low band frequency is to 9.75/high band 10.60.
Under ‘New Installation’ tab we have nothing in either Signal Strength or Signal Quality sections. It is not locked and the Network Id reads 013e, transport Stream is 1450 (whatever all that means !!?)

We can get German channels but interestingly the Sky box needs to be turned on for the signal to come in. So this tends to prove that there is NOTHING WRONG with any of the connections. We can also bring in French TV via 424.

Most of that means little to me but what I do know is that we can’t get the telly and the weather forecast says rain for the next couple of days – desperate or what?? :confused:

Hi flower3bird,
if your box is permanently plugged in to a socket 12 or 240v, unplug it for a few mins, they have a memory and this will be lost, then try again.
Good luck, and hope the sun shines for you.

Happy Camping:)

we get normal sky anywhere in europe with a 60 mcm dish and find no problem with manual tuning all you need to know is where is north and have no big trees in the way of the signalalthough southern spain and algarve are a little more hastle to tune into i recomend you forget (freeview it is a uk thing) and go for sky freesat card around £18 it gets all the freeview channels and more for a one off cost
or try this very useful site for bags of info and help there is a section about ferrsat :
www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk

The best thing you could do is get rid of the sky box - they are rubbish and use a decent receiver. You can then watch programming from far more satellites than just the paltry offering that are available from sky. Quite often the power supply goes unstable on the sky boxes leading to the ‘no satellite signal is being received’ message. (I have repaired loads with this fault).
Have you got power going to your lnb? Is it not switching between horizontal and vertical?

we get normal sky anywhere in europe with a 60 mcm dish and find no problem with manual tuning all you need to know is where is north and have no big trees in the way of the signalalthough southern spain and algarve are a little more hastle to tune into

Provided the receiver is working correctly:D

I'd definitely try the switch off-on recommended above. We were in France last month and Sky worked fine. The transport id should be 07d4, we find if you accidently lock onto another stream then powering off iis the only solution.

One tip I found on the excellent satellite for caravans posted by t&s (thanks for that site) is to start your dish to the East of the correct point and slowly bring it round. There are multiple satellites but you come to the correct one first by starting too far east

satellite

Well after all the replies you have had, here is my answer, my friend not long ago had similar problem with his superdooper sky system, came back and not long after he went to a show, and the problem was cured instantly with a spray of WD40, the LNB arm was not locking in the right angle, problem solved.

Its working but looking for the wrong stream, it definitely O7d4 and the switching on/off will probably do it but it must be totally disconnected from the 12v or 240v (ie box must be dead) ,the farther South you go its recommended to turn the LNB to the right Very slightly,might help

Its working but looking for the wrong stream, it definitely O7d4 and the switching on/off will probably do it but it must be totally disconnected from the 12v or 240v (ie box must be dead) ,the farther South you go its recommended to turn the LNB to the right Very slightly,might help

you might also have to re tune in to the south beam from astra as the default is the north beam for all the settings use the site i recomended

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back