sat nav

pam

Hi just found out how to post new thread !!!! Can anyone help ? Hubby would like a sat nav for his birthday and I havnt got a clue which one to go for. Thanks

Hi just found out how to post new thread !!!! Can anyone help ? Hubby would like a sat nav for his birthday and I havnt got a clue which one to go for. Thanks
So many on the market Pam, so it is down to how much you want to spend and what you want out of it.
I use a tomtom and have no problems with it.

Hi Pam.
I would agree with Trevor, all a much of the same. Mine is a Navigon. I have it set for lorry, which covers me as a Motorhome. Mainly "A" roads with motorway as is neccesery and forbids Toll roads. and generally works fine.
Just remember they are only a mini computer, not human, and we all make mistakes.:confused:

Don

i have a navman and find it very easy to use and accurate enough, best to go and try a few and see which one suits you the best as each person finds different systems easier to use.

In answer

Hi, I use a tomtom go 910, that great thing about it is its hard drive, you can download lots of information, pics and poi etc. to it, with out the need for cards etc, also routes complete from country to country.
it all depends on what you wish to use it for, if its just uk anyone will do.
t

re sat nav

Thanks alot for the info-- will have a think about all options

awrite pam, iuse a garmin 300,a good wee tool...u'll never get lost..
slanj

Hi Pam.
I would agree with Trevor, all a much of the same. Mine is a Navigon. I have it set for lorry, which covers me as a Motorhome. Mainly "A" roads with motorway as is neccesery and forbids Toll roads. and generally works fine.
Just remember they are only a mini computer, not human, and we all make mistakes.:confused:

Don
Agree with Don. As far as I know Navigon is the only system you can choose from car >lorry. Comes in handy with a motorhome. Look to buy it by Aldi (not allways available); it's a PDA (Medion) with maps covering whole Europe from Spain up to the Northcape and John O'Groats to Poland (only main roads for Greece). Fair price for all the extra's included. (Windows, Word, even MP3....) It works with SD-cards.

tomtom one europe

works fine for me loads of free poi,s low bridges narrow roads ect ideal for truck or m/h and getting cheaper by the week

Have noted that some of the cheaper ones are NOT upgradeable with latter mapping!! I guess you get what you pay for.

RAC GPS Sat Nav.

We bought an RAC sat Nav 220 for use in "Kwackers". :) With a five inch touch screen it does my poor old eyes proud! It is quite heavy at 520grms but it has everything built in, even a flip up external aerial! Navteq mapping (inc. Europe), bluetooth, cameras, 7 digit postcode search and lots more. Well chuffed with it. We went to Berlin, for the Xmas markets, and took it with us to get us around all the little back streets (slumming it up in a hotel, sorry!!!) :p Buy off EasyDevices at £299.99 :eek: or from other sources. We paid £189 for ours from Macro! So, don't forget, SHOP AROUND FIRST. :rolleyes:[/FONT]

See here for lots more info & comparisons with others:-http://www.easydevices.co.uk/products.asp?partno=RAC220&model=

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back