sat nav/speedcamera warnings

Micky

Hi to all merry Xmas i was informed last night by a reliable spy(in the pub)that France has banned sat nav with fixed camera warnings with a 60 euro fine if caught being used because of the lose of revenue is this correct?

Not sure of the fine but having camera locations on you sat nav is illegal in France, even if they are turned off. Some manufactures do not supply camera updates for France for this reason.

Radar detectors in France | AA

Again, not sure about the fine, but basically your friend is correct. We just deselected the option from the settings menu, and carried on as normal.
Merry Christmas. Rog.

Have mine turned off in this country let alone france, can't stand the warning noise every few minutes.
Just keep to the speed limits:drive:
Peter

go through spaghetti junction with the speed cam warning on and you come out the otherside suffering from shell shock!

In France you are allowed warnings of 'Danger Areas' which somehow correspond to fixed camera areas.
The gendarmes are not allowed to touch or interfere with your satnav so have to rely on your word.

Mine has a "dangerous zone" warning and just about half a mile of the warning there is a French sign for speed cameras and another half mile there it is........

When in France this year I left my speed camera alerts on, deciding that I was more likely to get fined for going through a camera than being stopped and fined for having the alerts on.
Neither happened but the French seem to like reducing the speed limit for a short distance on a road, say from 90 to 70 and putting a camera just to check whether you noticed,

Both TomTom and Garmin now show danger areas, but as the UK didn't sign up to an EU Directive (unusually) the French cannot collect UK drivers details and fine you, unless, of course you're stopped and given an "on the spot" fine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back