SAN Sebastian Parking

Alshymer

Hi
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in SAN Sebastian?
Much appreciate any replies.
Thanks
Alshymer

There is a hypermarket and fuel station decathlon as well spent the night there somewhere to park up fairly quiet

Thanks for your replies and information.
We intend going down at the weekend as soon as the border opens on 22nd June.
Best wishes
Alshymer

We have stayed in two serviced aires in San Sebastian:

1. 43.307899N; 2.01433W - near the University. 3.3 euros per day off peak and very popular. Bus to the centre. Would be my first choice but if full, then try number 2

2. 43.29742N; 1.96958W - next to Donostia Arena. Further our of town but free. We were directed there by the police when we came back in march because the first aire was closed due to the Covid 19 pandemic. There are some reports that it is unsafe (and the first one certainly feels more secure, although there is no official security) but we had no trouble in March.

1. 43.307899N; 2.01433W - near the University. 3.3 euros per day off peak and very popular. Bus to the centre. Would be my first choice but if full, then try number 2

2. 43.29742N; 1.96958W - next to Donostia Arena. Further our of town but free. We were directed there by the police when we came back in march because the first aire was closed due to the Covid 19 pandemic. There are some reports that it is unsafe (and the first one certainly feels more secure, although there is no official security) but we had no trouble in March.

John, the one in the centre by the university has gone up in price, when we was their last year it was 7.60 euros per night and still well worth it IMHO.

As you say very safe as it also benefits from regular police patrols.

John, the one in the centre by the university has gone up in price, when we was their last year it was 7.60 euros per night and still well worth it IMHO.

As you say very safe as it also benefits from regular police patrols.

Hi - when were you there? It used to be that it was 7.60 in high season and 3.30 in off peak times but maybe it has changed now. If it has, I agree - it is well worth it.

PS just realised that the OP is planning to go soon, so it will be 7.60 whatever! :)

Hi
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in SAN Sebastian?
Much appreciate any replies.
Thanks
Alshymer

If the aire near the university is full & your van will fit in a parking space there are plenty of places outside the aire, quite cheap.
If you stay here you can also use the aire to dump waste & fill with water, I've noticed many French do this.
Ondarreta beach is in walking distance & a No.25 bus will take you to city centre & the old town.
If you are a foodie, S.S. will blow your mind, there are more Michelin stars per capita than anywhere else in the world!

Huge cathedral in san sebastian wish i'd known before coming out of there reckon it's well worth a look if you're in no rush and plan daily

I stayed overnight at the one near the University mid-February. There were stories being told of break-ins during the day while folk were away sightseeing, so we moved on in the morning. Has anyone else heard this, or did I just meet some pessimists? A shame because I wanted to sample the food.

Both these locations are in the POIs ...

Both these locations are in the POIs ...
Hello. Thanks for your help but your coordinates must be wrong.
We followed them but arrived at a school.
Someone said that the camping area was the other side of the city.
Can you check as I wouldn’t want anyone else to turn up there! With a bigger van it would be a nightmare.
Regards
Alshymer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back