Samm meetup.

pappajohn

Hi samm,
shirl wants to go to belper, derbyshire for sat night (21st).
back to her roots and all that stuff.
she's done her family tree and would like to see the place and if she can find her grans grave !!!
It's also her birthday so we would like to be somewhere close to a pub or restaurant if you know of any within easy walking.
is this of any use to you for a meet. :D
john.

thanks fro the offer john

hey john sounds great but depends on what time dave gets away from his daughters...he said he has to take the van back for 5pm so hopefully...we will set off then...it says it'll take us 2 1/4 hours. so may be there around 7ish...are you going wild or do you want a site..im not sure of either in that area as im not familiar with it...***** may know somewhere as he is not too far away...or maybe someone else on here might be able top help..sammx

Hi samm,
not really bothered wild or site.
I think shirl would like a site so she can use hair drier,tongs and other girly stuff to look her best but i think genny or inverter might do it.
all i need is a s**t, shave and shower ;) .
there may be a carpark or like in /near town but i dont know area either.
bout 7pm sounds ok. it will give her time to get ready.
I think we're setting off fri afternoon and stop on way for fri night. dunno where though :confused: that gives us most of saturday to find both the bone yard and somewhere to park up.
we're heading for fromme in somerset to visit her bro for a day or two. he may object to us parking on his lawn but what the hell, at least we'll have hookup and toilet/shower to hand. i dont like emptying the black tank if i can get away with it. :eek:

john.

????

:cool:
sammclouis said:
hey john sounds great but depends on what time dave gets away from his daughters...he said he has to take the van back for 5pm so hopefully...we will set off then...it says it'll take us 2 1/4 hours. so may be there around 7ish...are you going wild or do you want a site..im not sure of either in that area as im not familiar with it...***** may know somewhere as he is not too far away...or maybe someone else on here might be able top help..sammx
Sorry Guys & Gals, I can't really help as never Wilded in the area and the only sites that I have been on are Lickpenny at Matlock and Rivendale at Alsop in the Dale, near Ashbourne. Also Leek of course!
Have a good time!
Graham:cool:

pappajohn said:
Hi samm,
not really bothered wild or site.
I think shirl would like a site so she can use hair drier,tongs and other girly stuff to look her best but i think genny or inverter might do it.
all i need is a s**t, shave and shower ;) .
there may be a carpark or like in /near town but i dont know area either.
bout 7pm sounds ok. it will give her time to get ready.
I think we're setting off fri afternoon and stop on way for fri night. dunno where though :confused: that gives us most of saturday to find both the bone yard and somewhere to park up.
we're heading for fromme in somerset to visit her bro for a day or two. he may object to us parking on his lawn but what the hell, at least we'll have hookup and toilet/shower to hand. i dont like emptying the black tank if i can get away with it. :eek:

john.
ok john...sounds good...will look around 4 somewhere to stop...you too mate...also can anyone help us on this one please...belper wildcamp or campsite spot...but ideally wild as we are wildcampers after all..hhee hhee :D

sammclouis said:
found this place http://broadholme-caravanpark.co.uk/1.html its a good price too at £8 a night......what do you thing john....havnt had any feedback about belper from members with regards to wilding it...let me know what you think..sammx

Hi samm,
sounds good to me and a pub/rest just 5 mins walk. :D
sounds ideal for shirls b/day as we always go for a meal and a few beers. ;)
i've sent them an e-mail to check availability.
if it's full then theres always the rialway carpark at matlock re grahams post.
john.

Last edited:
pappajohn said:
Hi samm,
john.
sounds good to me..remember though that we are only coming on the sat night....keep us posted xx

hillwalker said:
watever,, still dont use sites,, a rip off ,,,
#18 Today, 07:24 PM
hillwalker
Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillwalker
i dont really know any wild camp spot's billy because we stayed in a small camp site , 5 minutes from the pub. but i'll tell u one thing the midges were horrendous. not kidden

that is,ny a proper site , ny toilets ny showers , ny anythin , just big midges... we were in a tent... hee hee

hillwalker said:
#18 Today, 07:24 PM
hillwalker
Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillwalker
i dont really know any wild camp spot's billy because we stayed in a small camp site , 5 minutes from the pub. but i'll tell u one thing the midges were horrendous. not kidden

that is,ny a proper site , ny toilets ny showers , ny anythin , just big midges... we were in a tent... hee hee
same as where we are going then:p ....no toilets or showers...just a field..think maybe hook up but are not bothered bout that.....cause we wildcampers hhee hhee :D :p

sammclouis said:
same as where we are going then:p ....no toilets or showers...just a field..think maybe hook up but are not bothered bout that.....cause we wildcampers hhee hhee :D :p

isnt it fun watching hillwalker trying to dig his way out of this one. :D :D :D :D :D ;)
john.

sammclouis said:
FIL2.jpg

hi garry,
looks near enough wild to me ;) you misled us by saying CAMP SITE
is that you on the hill ?. i bet it was cold round the kilt area :eek: :D :D
john.

pappajohn said:
Hi samm,
john.

hi samm,
got an email from site but they said no adjoining pitchs available :( . emailed back to see if they have any at all. thought they would have said in thier reply :confused: . probably going to be matlock c/p.
john.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back