Salisbury overnight parking

UFO

Looking for somewhere to stay overnight close to Salisbury, so we can spend the day there. Britford Park & Ride in Downton Road looks a possibility but nothing very current on the usual apps.

Any one stayed there recently?

Thank you

Salisbury city carpark used to be able to overnight there
I believe that the regulations prohibit use of vehicles for sleeping or camping and also specify max unladen weight 2t, max length 5m (and that the same applies to the P&R outside the coach-only area).

There is a small car park near the rugby ground ( and caravan and camping club) that I once used. It is a while ago and I am small and blue, so not very noticeable.

Reactions: UFO
Thank you.

Is this the one - Mill Stream Approach, Salisbury, SP2 7GN, 51.0726, -1.7990?
tbh I don’t know. We stayed at the C&MC site, but we walked through a carpark were vans were parked. I checked the notice board and saw no overnight restrictions. From memory you had to pay but it’s not expensive. Try this site maybe contact the council. But I note the carpark you mention is a coach carpark, so no barriers and £10.80 a day.

Reactions: UFO
Thank you.

Is this the one - Mill Stream Approach, Salisbury, SP2 7GN, 51.0726, -1.7990?
IMG_3228.jpeg

We will head for the Salisbury central cp and have a look. Lots of comments online about construction work taking place there. There's a shopping centre in Wilton (converted carpet factory) with a large cp so that will be our backup.

I believe that the regulations prohibit use of vehicles for sleeping or camping and also specify max unladen weight 2t, max length 5m (and that the same applies to the P&R outside the coach-only area).
Had a look online but could find no trace of the parking regulations so we will see.

Had a look online but could find no trace of the parking regulations so we will see.
I did track them down online and read them. Don't have a large screen available at the moment to repeat the operation.

There are huge flood prevention works going on in the central car park now, have been going on for months. The worst flooding for years has happened since they've been bu**ering about with the river!
A lot of the car park has been taken up with construction machinery and it's chaos during the day. You might be ok when it gets quieter in the evenings.
I don't know what regs are in force, but I suspect it's the usual "no sleeping". How are they gonna know? I know that I often used to see vans there before they started all the nonsense.
As for the park and ride, I'm fairly sure there's a height barrier.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back