Safe overnight parking near Dunkirk.

Molly1

Looking for somewhere safe to overnight, we have a middle of night ferry at Dunkirk. Don't want Migrants climbing on our roof!

I can vouch for Grand-Fort-Philippe :wave:

We had a really good peaceful and quiet night there a couple of years back in the large corner spot ( you`ll understand that if you go ).

There`s a very good Super U, Avenue Pierre Pleuvret, 59153 Grand-Fort-Philippe for food and 24 hour fuel on the edge of the town as well.

Gravelines. If you want to be further out, then the aire at Bergues is good

I have stayed overnight several times at the DFDS Dunkerque ferry terminal car park. Never had any problems and it is quite nice watching the ferries come and go.

GPS: N51.02121 E2.19306

We have stayed here many times, but I believe it has now closed.
Across the river at Petite Fort Phillipe, there is a large car park at the rear of the town. It is nice and quiet, and free. We have used this a couple of times when Grand Fort Philipe was full. (prior to closure)
Regarding Gravelines, the ground is that red shale stuff, and when wet, it is a pain to keep from coming in the van with your feet!

That`s a shame it was a really good night :sad:

As for Gravelines we`ve looked a couple of times and they been double or treble parked :scared: it was ridiculous :mad2:

Looking for somewhere safe to overnight, we have a middle of night ferry at Dunkirk. Don't want Migrants climbing on our roof!

Bray dunes is good,on the Belgian border,stock up with beer in adinkerke,8 miles out from the port

Took the Grande Fort Phillipe out as it now has height barriers (should have known as i was there last year) it is signed to carry on past and directs you to near the campsite towards Oye plage but didnt check it out .

Bray dunes is good,on the Belgian border,stock up with beer in adinkerke,8 miles out from the port

The "cheap beer and cigs" store told me they were happy for customers to park overnight in their large car park.

We often park up at Loon Plage by the chuurch (50.99522 2.21998)

Nice and quiet also couple of take away pizza joints near by.

Gravelines

Across the river at Petite Fort Phillipe, there is a large car park at the rear of the town. It is nice and quiet, and free. We have used this a couple of times when Grand Fort Philipe was full. (prior to closure)
Regarding Gravelines, the ground is that red shale stuff, and when wet, it is a pain to keep from coming in the van with your feet!

Has the aire in Gravelines changed location as it was possibly 6 years ago when we last went but it was on tarmac/concrete in a line facing the river and the boats and just a few minutes walk in to the town?

We stopped at Watten on the way back this year. Nice little Aire tucked away. Few barges on the river :) Short drive to the port in the morning.

Gravelines

Has the aire in Gravelines changed location as it was possibly 6 years ago when we last went but it was on tarmac/concrete in a line facing the river and the boats and just a few minutes walk in to the town?
We were there last month. Parking at Graveline is unchanged apart from the addition of extra parking. The original two lines on red shale facing the river, plus lots more additional parking now in the field behind.
7 Euros,card only. Always quet and secure there.
Good market on Friday mornings a short walk away.

We usually stay in Veurne (Belgium) just 15mins from Dunkirk.
Kaaiplaats 1-11, 8630 Veurne, Belgium
Lovely town and lots of bars.
Graham

We prefer bergues.if you don't want to drive in the night,use the ferry car park.

We were here 2 nights ago

We followed Graths advice 2 nights ago as we came off a ferry in the evening. Straight down the main street around the square and turn right at the end. Large tarmaced car park. We had peaceful free night.

Agree with Roger, always stay at DFDS Dunkerque ferry terminal car park never had a problem, was told by staff there that the car park is there for early arrivals :sleep-027:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back