rwgmobile

Well so far the support from RWG has been crap!

I’ve emailed for support on Friday afternoon with no response

I've called them 3 times so far this morning, and each time their phone system says they are too busy and then hangs up on me.

I’ve just emailed them again and am awaiting their response.

Really not happy with their backup so far.
Good luck! I've been trying for a week now to cancel two cards and the response as what would you like to do still no conformation that the cards have been cancelled .

Response : everything is as it should be on the SIM card are you able to try it in another device? Are you getting any connections at all

Me : I've tried it in 2 iPads and 2 iPhones it will make a call but not get internet

not heard back yet.

I continue to pay €1.50 per month to maintain the account without using it.

Are you sure there has been a change?
Well it has for me, I was on the the 1.95 tariff (no data I believe), went to France in May so changed to the 4.95 6 gig tariff. Came back to uk and logged onto their site to change back to the 1.95 tariff (as done before) but it was no longer an option, I could only stay on 4.95 or go to a higher tariff.

Just logged on now and have changed to the 4.95 10 gig tariff, lowest available. (Was 6 gig )

I think the network FREE Mobile France, has a cheaper option.

1690806756381.png

Well it has for me, I was on the the 1.95 tariff (no data I believe), went to France in May so changed to the 4.95 6 gig tariff. Came back to uk and logged onto their site to change back to the 1.95 tariff (as done before) but it was no longer an option, I could only stay on 4.95 or go to a higher tariff.

Just logged on now and have changed to the 4.95 10 gig tariff, lowest available. (Was 6 gig )

I think the network FREE Mobile France, has a cheaper option.
Thanks for the info.

I've checked further and the Mini + plan, €1.50 per month, was discontinued this year on April 1st.

It would seem that I can continue to pay that at present, I am still being billed at €1.50, but I suspect that once I change it this option will cease to exist.

I had an email back this morning asking me to switch and back on again, and this time all systems are working as they should. A little bit slow getting it sorted, but it’s fine now.

Will both SIM cards work while abroad for 11 weeks or so? - I’ll report back later.

I asked them about this, as we are going to be going away in the autumn.

They advised me to get the free SIM and activate it with a top up or bundle when we were ready.

I bought cheap bundle to test out that it works OK and I plan to buy a better bundle just when we go.
I have an RWG SIM in my phone and have just ordered one for the mobile router in preparation for my next trip to France.
I also changed my bundle in preparation for the trip to France and noticed recently that mobile data on the phone was no longer working. Not sure whether it was a hardware issue or one relating to the change of bundle, but a reboot resolved it. In view also of the posts from @SimonM, it may be worth bearing in mind that a reboot may be necessary when you change bundle.
Worth noting also, that bundles become effective immediately they are paid for and are then charged on the anniversary of the first payment. They normally run to the end of the calendar month. If one cancels before the next payment is taken, the bundle continues until the end of the calendar month in which it is cancelled. This means that one may at times have two overlapping bundles on a SIM but also that savings can sometimes be made by judicious selection of dates of initiation and termination. It is important to cancel any bundle that you no longer require as you will otherwise continue to be charged for it alongside what you may regard as a replacement bundle.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back