rwgmobile

Rod

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a rwgmobile sim for a trip to France.

Does anyone have any experience of starting the 200g deal for £20 a month?

I would like to start for each trip and then stop it when home .

I only want to use the data.

Thanks Rod

I am also interested in this, but read on another forum where some folks were having trouble stopping payments once their trip was over. Others were praising it to the heavens. A toss up between RWG and Popit at the moment.

I'm in the same position but will go for a Reglio sim from Le Clerk in France
0FE7227A168C.jpeg

Hi all,

Thanks Rod
How long is the trip? RWG have a 20gb add-on for £15, lasts for 30 days

Hi all,

Thanks Rod
Interested in this myself . Popit was fine except they wouldn't allow me to cancel on return to uk as I hadn't used it enough at home . Had problems with delivery (royal mail's fault) and had no time to use it before I left .
Reglio sim was also fine but had problem getting it to operate, helpful assistant eventually (90 minutes) got it going .
Certainly wouldn't rule out popit or reglio .
Often end up buying a sim in whatever country.
If anyone going to Italy check out Iliad, 300gb for €14

It becomes activated as soon as you purchase not when you register on line which is how i read it and had purchased the sim two weeks before our departure. Somehow I managed to purchase two sims and thought I will keep the second just in case we used all the data. On returning I found that RGW had taken another £40 from my account.
I contacted them asking why both cards had been activated and wanting a refund or cancel both cards only to receive a reply two days later saying both cards are activated at the same time, no mention that the cards have been cancelled. Several emails later I'm still no further forward the last email from them yesterday morning 9.15am asking if I want to cancel the cards I reminded them I asked for the cards to be cancelled a week ago and still no reply. Apart from that the sim worked flawlessly, its the monkeys in the office that can't communicate.

Last edited:
I have been using the RWG for just over 2 months now in the UK, 200g for £20 including roaming (the full 200g). I have not tried the roaming yet, but it has been fine in the UK, and it was easy transferring my old number (2 days), also it was delivered activated, so I cannot really grumble at present

becomes activated as soon as you purchase not when you register on line
I asked them about this, as we are going to be going away in the autumn.

They advised me to get the free SIM and activate it with a top up or bundle when we were ready.

I bought cheap bundle to test out that it works OK and I plan to buy a better bundle just when we go.

We switched both phones over 2 weeks ago to rwg .
Good signal in UK, We will find out in January if any good in Spain.

Used rwg for a couple of months in the Netherlands (200gb global data sim). Worked flawlessly and never had any problems with customer services. Emailed them to activate and an hour later they emailed back to confirm activation. Emailed them when we returned home to cancel the card and again, within several hours they emailed to confirm cancellation. I have checked several times and no further debits have been taken from my account. Would use again without hesitation.

I use that. Used to be able to drop to €1.95 a month when not needed but it has been changed to €4.95 minimum now 6gig.
I don't know prices but it was suggested to me that its better to let it run out then buy another next time you need one. Can you use it at home ?

I don't know prices but it was suggested to me that its better to let it run out then buy another next time you need one. Can you use it at home ?
Yes it roams to the UK no problem, Also to all other EU countries, You can change tariff as you wish each month, they do limit the data roaming ( ie out of France) on the higher Gig tariffs. I keep mine in a dual sim phone and direct debit monthly.

I use that. Used to be able to drop to €1.95 a month when not needed but it has been changed to €4.95 minimum now 6gig.
I continue to pay €1.50 per month to maintain the account without using it.

Are you sure there has been a change?

Been using RWG sims for nearly 5 weeks in France now. Working flawlessly in fact we have been to some really out of the way places and always had 4g. We have 3 sims for phones and one data sim in a small TP link Router. we have been using it to watch uk TV stations on a fire stick satellite dishes are now obsolete if you have this combination.

I have a RWG (200gb £20) that I’ve been using in UK for 5 weeks, all fine, in readiness for a trip abroad next month

I bought an extra one for my wife last week. Went to use it late Friday and it connects as a phone, but won’t connect to internet. An email so far has not been answered. I will phone today to see why not. I will report back later.

Well so far the support from RWG has been crap!

I’ve emailed for support on Friday afternoon with no response

I've called them 3 times so far this morning, and each time their phone system says they are too busy and then hangs up on me.

I’ve just emailed them again and am awaiting their response.

Really not happy with their backup so far.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back