Rubber seal sticking to Rooflight ?

Talbot

Every time I try opening the rooflight it lifts the rubber seal out of it's track. Is there any solution to stop it sticking?

Silicon spray, furniture polish, wax polish, even WD40. anything that is ANTI stick.

silicone or PTFE spray is great to have around anyway, for curtain track, drawer runners, sliding windows, sawbenches and router bases etc

If you have some talcum powder handy try that for now, put a little on a paper towel and wipe it around the seal.

Allan,

Tried all the suggestions mentioned on my new Swift c class windows to no avail. No matter what I tried within a day or two problem returned.
Now have a pvc with Seitz windows and in my year of ownership no problems whatsoever with any of the windows.
Perhaps it may have something to do with Swift using windows that are inferior to the Seitz windows fitted to my pvc.

Talcum powder as post #6 is or least has been for years many manufacturers usual recommendation, car door seals included. No residue, doesn't dry out & doesn't attract dirt. Washes away eventually as all dressings will.

My neighbours confused Vaseline with putty .. All their windows fell out.

If you have some talcum powder handy try that for now, put a little on a paper towel and wipe it around the seal.

Allan,

Went for the powdered chalk option. They sold chalk sticks at the ferretateria and I grated one down to chalk dust. Worked a treat and I've got 19 sticks left over for future use. Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back