Rowlocks....

paulhelenwilko

Went to Watchett earlier in the week, and being the honest motorhomers we are we bought two pay and display tickets as we were overlapping into the next bay. 2 bays.jpg.

Walking away from the car park what did we see ....mh bay.jpg.....

Meanwhile in the gents an amusing sign .....sherlock.jpg
Sherlock is alive and well and living in Devon !

How about this pic for a confusing parking sign.
no parking.jpg
There was another ticket machine at the far side of the car park with the 'no overnight parking' covered up though.

How about this pic for a confusing parking sign.
View attachment 61317
There was another ticket machine at the far side of the car park with the 'no overnight parking' covered up though.

Derbyshire do seem to love confusing regulations and the banning of overnight parking. They even rely on rules only available on line. My simple solution is to avoid the place.

Us Brits do love our little rules and forming orderly queues..... Very few have the bollocks to challenge.

I am no better, early days motorhoming on the beach at Antibes ...not allowed to park but perhaps 15 vans so joined in as you do Police turn up following morning I thinks in a spot of bother now !! ....no big grin bonjour it turned out tracking a spillage at sea.

live and let live

Channa

Unfortunately some of the online bylaws in Derbyshire are enforceable. They seem to prefer to keep their car parks empty at night to leave plenty of room for the plentiful doggers and vandals.

WTF??? Are they taking the pish?
I think they have just forgotten to cover the no overnighting part. It's in centre of Ashbourne so can't complain at a quid for overnighting, having said that there are plenty of free parking areas within 3 to 4 miles of centre, well worth a visit if you've never been. We were here for the Royal Shrovetide football last week, Google it if you don't know what it is . :scared::goodluck: :rulez: ? There are only a few the first being not to murder anyone lol.

Was a mh parked almost at the side of the old public toilets in Ashbourne for a few days, wasn’t you wild camping was it? :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back