Rota , Andalusia.

Pauljenny

Anyone been there recently ?
Anyone going there soon ?

What's the verdict ?

We fancy a visit to the area soon.

We were there last September and the previous winter. Nice spot, lovely beach and boardwalks into town. Probably 25/30 minute walk.
Does get busy in winter months, the Aire has free facilities, there’s also parking just behind closer to the beach.

We where there in September for the Spanish Naval Air show ..the official aire gets full very quick and a bit tight but as mentioned there is more parking space in the beach car park.Good and safe Cycle track into town and great board walks with lovely beach. We first tried to park at the harbour but where redirected to the official Aire by the police and dont try to go into town with the van the streets are really a narrow challenge I can vouch for that .The Prom beach is great and the town is a little gem.
Just for info Rota is not only a Spanish air base it is also a USA Naval port and Airbase so for geeks like me it was really interesting place:wacko:

We've been there twice, love it - walks along the beach and there's a reasonable cafe with wifi a few minutes walk away. The painted pigeons are interesting, a local hobby. You can be moved on from the car park.

We've been there twice, love it - walks along the beach and there's a reasonable cafe with wifi a few minutes walk away. The painted pigeons are interesting, a local hobby. You can be moved on from the car park.

Thanks very much, Sue.
That confirms a similar post on another place.

Is there an echo in here ?
:wacko:

would go there again but really want to go a bit further down to Bolonia down towards tarifa one of the best places i’ve ever stumbled upon

would go there again but really want to go a bit further down to Bolonia down towards tarifa one of the best places i’ve ever stumbled upon

I'm hoping to go to Tarifa, Ken ... why's it so good then?

I'm hoping to go to Tarifa, Ken ... why's it so good then?

Great beaches, good wilding west of tariffs and interesting Roman remains at Bologna. If you like out of the way places you will like that part of Spain. Good views of Africa too

Great beaches, good wilding west of tariffs and interesting Roman remains at Bologna. If you like out of the way places you will like that part of Spain. Good views of Africa too

That's convinced me! Is it in the POIs?

it’s Bolonia not tarifa that’s the gem (bologna) i think is predictive text) it’s a bay with a great sand dune and roman ruins asEE citizen show passport to get in free, lots of parking one in POIs we parked near the ruins pay parking and services also

it’s Bolonia not tarifa that’s the gem (bologna) i think is predictive text) it’s a bay with a great sand dune and roman ruins asEE citizen show passport to get in free, lots of parking one in POIs we parked near the ruins pay parking and services also

Morning Ken,
We may venture down there, if Rota is a bit hectic.
Trouble is, well have to pass Puerto de Santa Maria, and the temptation to stay at Palmira Beach might be too strong.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back