Roodey car park Chester

chipvan

Little Roodee car park Chester

On our second night at Chester, great spot and by the number of motor homes staying tonight it is getting more popular. They don't lock the car park at night which I wish they did as had a few boy racers late last night.

They are installing new ticket machines which are not working yet, hope they will still only charge £1.50 per night.

Counted 10 No' motor homes but could only see one "W" sticker and that was on ours.

image.jpg

Last edited:
God its been a long time since I parked there and looks a bit posher trees, the only trees where as you backed up to the river dee, they used to lock the gates at night but if you was in then you could stay the night

On our second night at Chester, great spot and by the number of motor homes staying tonight it is getting more popular. They don't lock the car park at night which I wish they did as had a few boy racers late last night.

They are installing new ticket machines which are not working yet, hope they will still only charge £1.50 per night.

Counted 10 No' motor homes but could only see one "W" sticker and that was on ours.

View attachment 34795

We were there on the Sat evening on one of the "riverside" spaces displaying our sticker :) Great nights sleep!

Thats our Hymer in the middle of the pic btw!!

Keith

It is actually called Little Roodee, the Roodee is the racecourse (oldest in England still in use) from Wiki

'The 65-acre (260,000 m[SUP]2[/SUP]) racecourse lies on the banks of the River Dee. The site was once a harbour during the Roman settlement of the city during the Dark Ages, but was closed as the river silted up thus making navigation impossible. Towards the centre of the in field is a raised mound which is decorated by a small cross known as a "rood". It is from this that the race course derives the name "Roodee"; Roodee is a corruption of "Rood Eye", meaning "The Island of the Cross".'

The cross on the racecourse is still there as far as I can remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Racecourse

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back