ROI Entry restrictions

Ggohd

Next week I intend to enter the ROI via the Holyhead Dublin ferry.
Has anybody done this recently.
I am concerned that the customs may confiscate some of my wife's special dietary foods, such as concentrated organic chicken stock free from any additives .
This is so worrying for her we may cancel.
I had planned to enter by way of NI, but a funeral in England necessitates change of routing.
Many thanks in advance for any info.

Next week I intend to enter the ROI via the Holyhead Dublin ferry.
Has anybody done this recently.
I am concerned that the customs may confiscate some of my wife's special dietary foods, such as concentrated organic chicken stock free from any additives .
This is so worrying for her we may cancel.
I had planned to enter by way of NI, but a funeral in England necessitates change of routing.
Many thanks in advance for any info.
Really can't see this kind of thing ever happening

Have been over twice and very few checks. No passport stamping as in the uk common travel area and just a nod from the guarda. They could but would only be using it as an excuse to look for something else, after all you can drive over the border from the north with a milk churn on the bonnet.

Many thanks to all who responded. Wife feels a little more confident now. If I remember I'll report hoe we got on.

Many thanks to all who responded. Wife feels a little more confident now. If I remember I'll report hoe we got on.
We arrived on Saturday by car at Rosslare and found they were only interested in vehicles they had listed on the phone. All motorhomes (x4) passed through with no concerns.
As with food - in previous excursions we have been allowed all meats and cheeses in the fridge with no hiccup.

As for the travels - enjoy. At present exchange rates diesel costs in NI are nigh on same as in Eire, only a few pence difference. We were in Dundalk on Sunday and found all garages were similar in price. On Monday also a trip to Dundalk via a different route presented similar costs.
Diesel = Euro 1.76 Petrol = Euro 1.57
Currently prices at the border in NI (Newry) are 2p better approx than Eire.

Should have said if you did not know - You do not have ALDI in NI, but Lidl is available as is typical UK supermarkets.

We’ve entered from the Isle of Man several times (and since Brexit). Never had any issues entering via Dublin.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back