Rocking and Rolling now

Hazy-thoughts

Just to update you with what we are up to. I was made redundant from work on the 31st March, The rotten buggers couldnt wait another few months for me to hand my notice in :eek: :)the house going on the market next week, we have seen a couple of vans we like

Although we have been steadily working toward our dream of Fulltiming for a while now. We were hoping to sell the house and pack in work around the end of the year, or early next year at the very latest, this development obviously means things are moving forward at a rate of knots now.
I have the house going on the market next week. We have seen a couple of Hymers we like, so really now we will be in the lap of the Gods for a while. If the house sells fairly quickly it will be perfect, although all this dooma dn gloom on tv at present isnt filling me with very much hope.

All Positive thoughts for a quick house sale very much appreciated. :eek:

Good luck mate - try to see it as opportunity.

Fingers crossed for the house sale - not the best of times, true. I wonder how many people will be forced into selling up and downsizing.

Sending positive vibes.

best of luck to you in the coming months,
it seems like you've been given a shove into doing
what you wanted to do anyway
on the positive side, with the property market becoming stagnent,
or even falling
what spare cash you have could be better invested elswhere,
"bricks 'n mortar" days may be over, for a time
go for your hymer! and enjoy the next few years

Don't know your personal circumstances but being made redundant is usually a better option than resigning, benefit wise that is, good luck with the Hymer search:D

Thanks for your support chaps.

Fortunately or unfortuately when we sell the house we will have too much in the bank to be eligible for any help benefit wise.
Having to do this now might just be a blessing in disguise, who knows what will happen to house prices over the next few months, selling now if we can sell quickly will see us being able to buy a decent van, have enough to live on for a few years and have a nice little banker earning as a result of the ever increasing interest rates that seem to be strangling the life out of anyone willing to work hard, play fair and try their best.

Sod the lot of them, Helen and I arent despondant, far from it, a little nervous and very excited with a lot to do between now and actually driving off into the sunset, but looking forward to our big adventure.
Lot's of fishing, wine and time to enjoy the sunset ;)

Rocking and Rolling Now

Hiya We sold our house in 2003 and went fulltiming. We had a motorhome over 20 years previously so had to get used to everything again. Set off on the day we sold our house and put everything into storage. It was exciting but we wondered had we done the right thing. Our daughter agreed to her address being used as a base for bank accounts etc. After 18 months fulltiming we decided to rent a house in Scotland where we are at the moment. Sometimes we wish we were still fulltiming. Hope you enjoy yourselves its a great experience. Jen

Just to update you with what we are up to. I was made redundant from work on the 31st March, The rotten buggers couldnt wait another few months for me to hand my notice in :eek: :)the house going on the market next week, we have seen a couple of vans we like

Although we have been steadily working toward our dream of Fulltiming for a while now. We were hoping to sell the house and pack in work around the end of the year, or early next year at the very latest, this development obviously means things are moving forward at a rate of knots now.
I have the house going on the market next week. We have seen a couple of Hymers we like, so really now we will be in the lap of the Gods for a while. If the house sells fairly quickly it will be perfect, although all this dooma dn gloom on tv at present isnt filling me with very much hope.

All Positive thoughts for a quick house sale very much appreciated. :eek:
It is so easy to get wrapped up in Euphoria and burn all your bridges following your dream, which I for one wish you all the best. As a note of caution though, why dont you sell up, buy a small one bedroom flat that you can rent out, providing a steady monthly income and then if, god forbid, something happened unexpected, you at least have a bolt hole to come back to. There are many ex-pats out there that have nowhere to come back to without becoming a burden on their family. You could still get a van, still fulltime and that monthly income would keep the wheels turning, the wine flowing, the belly filled and without the worry of "what have we done", but whatever route you take, take it with joy and adventure in your heart.:)

We had considered buying a small flat somewhere for exactly that [purpose, but to be honest with the price of property at the moment, and the way it is going I thought it more prudent for the time being at least to bank the dosh until thigs change, .....or Helen drinks it all away :eek::eek:;)

Thaks for advice though bud, I know what you mean about the euphoria, Trying not to think too much beyond the week we are in at present, very busy tieing up loose ends and making sure arrangements are in place in case of emergency.

Whichever course you take, Hazy and Helen, I wish you both all the luck in the world and I admire your sense of adventure,;) but please keep us posted:)

PS Looking forward to the pics of your new Hymer:cool:

Wow Hazy what a opportunity, no worrying if you have done the right thing decision made, and I always think these things happen for a reason, good luck with selling the house, which Hymer are you looking at getting, so many plans to be made, good luck.

Thanks Lenny and Rover, We have decided that if we can find a good Hymer S700 around the ten year old mark, that'll do us just fine. As we are planning to live in the van, we wanted to go for as large a living space as we could afford.

Last edited:
Maybe you only got the oportunity just once in a lifetime. Go for it.
Good luck

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back