Rocket fuel stove.

Geraldine

I would love to put a heating source into Geraldine somehow so that we can use her all year round.
A small 1 to 2kw wood burning burner/stove would be great. But where to place it without blowing myself up?
Any thoughts greatly received. Cheers.

Reactions: RAW
image.png

Our Geraldine. Nissan Cabstar.

David I'm fairly sure that if you fit a log burner it may either invalidate or at least alter your insurance. I would check before you go to far with any planning. May be an expected or similar would be an alternative.

I would love to put a heating source into Geraldine somehow so that we can use her all year round.
A small 1 to 2kw wood burning burner/stove would be great. But where to place it without blowing myself up?
Any thoughts greatly received. Cheers.
Hi ya Geraldine,
I’m thinking that I’ve maybe seen you at some point around the ‘Worthing’ area at some point or another!.
As a Fulltime Livaboard that spends a lot of time in Scotland & the Boarders often between November & February Yes I’ve got a little ‘Multi-Fuel burner in ‘The Nest’ & it has served me well with faultless reliability for a few years now.
As regards to insurance The only reference is (As with a few policies I would imagine)
Loss of vehicle due to fire caused from appliances will only Be payed ou if a valid safety certification can be produced
(Or words to that effect)
So Know the Rusks, pay your money, Take you’re chances is all YOUR decisions.
I LOVE my ‘NESTY’,,,,,
3900D8D7-A8EB-4619-9D0C-B5A4EBF68BB6.jpeg

E93B59A6-E9CD-492D-8889-84FC5D269BB2.jpeg

33202FBF-833C-4DAF-B6E4-3A73DBC37E58.jpeg

David I'm fairly sure that if you fit a log burner it may either invalidate or at least alter your insurance. I would check before you go to far with any planning. May be an expected or similar would be an alternative.

Thanks for that info Lee. The thing is. Geraldine is worth very little anyway. If she was to go up in flames I don't think I would get very much for her. I view the insurance more like a requirement to have her on the road in case of an accident or bouncing of other cars,etc.
Anyway I haven't discussed my ideas with Mandie yet, So I might just be blowing in the wind! Lol

Hi,

Having given this problem some thought and taking all of your concerns into consideration, van burning down, invalid insurance, setting fire to your

underwear when in bed etc etc.

The best suggestion I can come up with = is place it outside, preferably in the next field.

Hope this helps.

Dezi 🚌

Hi,

Having given this problem some thought and taking all of your concerns into consideration, van burning down, invalid insurance, setting fire to your

The best suggestion I can come up with = is place it outside, preferably in the next field.

Hope this helps.

Dezi 🚌

Ha ha. I'm sure I can still get a heating source in of some kind, but will stay away from the fuel tank on the driver's side.
I will put some photos up of the inside later.

You can fit a external under floor tank and use 28 gas oil to run a blowen oil heater,also about time you got some panels up on roof to keep bats up,dont save all your money as some day you will have no need for it,cheers

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Dezi 🚌
How would placing your underwear outside in the next field help??....😕

I think the simplest solution to heating a van if it already has a gas supply
for cooking, is one of the Truma heaters, starting with the 1800W and 2000W
models which only require underfloor inlet/exhaust flue installation. No
electricity required (ignition AA battery on some!). Unfortunately it can be
difficult to find a place to position the thing.

I think the simplest solution to heating a van if it already has a gas supply
for cooking, is one of the Truma heaters, starting with the 1800W and 2000W
models which only require underfloor inlet/exhaust flue installation. No
electricity required (ignition AA battery on some!). Unfortunately it can be
difficult to find a place to position the thing.
Cheers. Sounds good.Will look into that. Anything out there on YouTube?

You can fit a external under floor tank and use 28 gas oil to run a blowen oil heater,also about time you got some panels up on roof to keep bats up,dont save all your money as some day you will have no need for it,cheers
Cheers. Anything out there showing this system?
To keep the batteries charged, we drive! Lol

Cheers. Sounds good.Will look into that. Anything out there on YouTube?

Always a selection of s/h variations on ebay, because they were and are often a standard fitment
in caravans as well as M/homes. The larger output models are exhaust vented through the roof
inlet through floor or van side. The lower output models only require a rectangular floor opening
to fit the combined in/out flue. Naturally have to be very careful there isn't an obstruction such as
chassis or brake pipe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back