Robin Hoods Bay

nowhereman

We will be taking our young un fossil hunting at Robin Hoods Bay and Ravenscar over the next few days, will be parked most nights at the picnic area just up the hill from Flyingthorpe. If anyone is close by feel free to give us a knock (blue merc self build) and we will uncork a bottle to share.
Ian n Erna

Nice offer,Ian, and a great choice of coastline, as you may be aware I,ve had to cancel my weekend away cos of work but have a great weekend anyway:), I was there last weekend and fell in love with Robin hoods bay.
Weather forecast look good for you all;):)

hi ian lennys right . robin hoods bay is beutiful but so is ravenscar it can be a bit slippy down to the beach when wet it will be better for you if tide is out ive fished down there you get lots of fosil hunters there have a good day

there is another place to try its good for fosils its a place called cloughton wike it has a path down to beach its a bit easier than ravenscar to get to not as far to walk if you go on to google and type in cloughton wike it shows you the place

Cheers guys, have been to the bay a couple of times, great for ammonites and the odd small piece of jet. Tis a good place for a hands on geology lesson for the young un. A friend in the borders just came back from Ravenscar with what looks like a section of fossilised vertibrae, so this time we are going to wait for the tide to go out and walk round to Ravenscar and see what we can find.

Last edited:
there is another place to try its good for fosils its a place called cloughton wike it has a path down to beach its a bit easier than ravenscar to get to not as far to walk if you go on to google and type in cloughton wike it shows you the place

Thanks for that, will check it out

Hi Ian, let us know how you get on...............please! :cool: :cool: :cool: JIM.

Hey Jim, was a good one, ecellent weather and nice sunsets up on the moors. Plenty of fossils. The young un put us to shame finding an impressive piece of jet, aprox 6cms long, much better than Erna or I have ever found.
Cheers Ian

What a find! :D I bet he was chuffed! :p Whose palm did you cross with silver to get the nice weather? :rolleyes: Where to next? Follow the sun if you can, friends. We'll catch you again, soon, I hope! :cool: We have no van, as from today, for a week or so. :eek: :eek: It's gone off to be converted to LPG. So we should be able to go further, more often, soon. First test..........Hayfield!!!!!!! Best wishes to you three! :cool: JIM.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back