Road blocks in France

Belgian

Truckers are blocking the acces of several highways in France. :eek:(protest against high diesel-prices - but aren't they right ??) :confused:.
Actions will go on next days; but impossible to say where en when. Tomorrow it is July 1st and the holiday exodus towards the south in going on. I bet they focus on that. :mad:
If you travel in France, listen to traffic information and avoid péages.
In Belgium no road blocks yet; but I'm sure they come (only a mass of dutch caravanners on the side trying to get to Luxembourg and ran dry before getting there) :rolleyes:

Roed blocks France 11h30

Latest news:
Slow on actions:
- A6a > Paris
- A6b > Paris
- A10 > Paris between Janvry en Champlan
- A1 Phalempin: both directions
- A1 > Paris at Verberie (22km queu)
- A26 between Saint-Omer and Arras both directions and > Calais vacinity Angres; > Reims at Rely
- A7 at Saint-Cyr-sur-le-Rhone > south
- A7 at Chanas, between Solaize and Vienne and at Roussillon
- A8 > Aix en Provence ,airport Nice and towards Italy
- A620 at Aucamville
- A86 at Velizy

filterblockades on:
- A4 at Maizieres-les-Metz, péage Schwindratzheim and Saint-Avold.
- N57 at Flavigny-sur-Moselle
- A33 at Saint-Nicolas-de Port
- A36 at Lariviere
- A42 at Beynost both directions
- N44 at Cormontreuil - A4 from A34 is blocked
- A31 1 km before péage Gye > Metz and 1 km behind péage > Dijon
- A43 at Myans both directions
- A30 at Thionville > south
- A36 at péage Fontaine > Lyon
- A62 péage van Saint-Jory > Toulouse and >Bordeaux exit nr.20
- A620 ring Toulouse
- A84 at Thorigne-Fouillard both directions
- A330 at Richardmenilsouth
- A71 at Menetrol
- A630 exit nr20 blocked

had some of that

sounds like the one we got caught in APROXIMATLY 1989 or 1990 i think got to france from spain only to find limits on fuel got stuck in milau just managed to get some derv after queing for an hour to get €10 worth then the next fuel was at ile de centre france services near bourges another €10 worth of derv
i went to the fuel station first on my own leaving the wife in the car park then the wife went on her own leaving me in the car park
we hoped this would be enough to get home (it was just)
then got as far as alencon only to find all roundabouts blocked by trucks and tractors the police only watched as they are in the same union as the truckers so a laid back attitude towards any complaints about missing the ferry the usual shrug of the sholder was all we got we were held up for a day than a local trader gave us an escape route
towards cherbourge the main road was blocked by trucks
someone with some initave called the firebrigade to a non existing fire the other side of the roadblock
uk trucks /caravans and us followed the fire engine through the roadblock
only to be stoped at the next roundabout knowing the area quite well we diverted to the D14 coast road past the wartime beaches to barfleur we were followed bu all manner of vehicles trucks ect
when we reached cherbourge the whole town was awaken by trucks blowing there horns for about 2 hours ,they were just glad to get to the ferry
bearing in mind we traveled for 36 hours we were exausted but had nothing but admiration for the french truckers ectsticking up not just forthemselves but for all in france and that did include we had to buy the french derv
they won the day with price rises being held
WE NEED TO DO THE SAME
but i supose we will do as usual and not stick together
AS THE BRITS DO PUT UP WITH IT, PAY FOR IT, AND DO NOTHING TO PROTEST
overall it made the trip quite intresting to say the least

a couple of old contenental trucking names you might remember
cavel european
euroking

Last edited:
Truckers are blocking the acces of several highways in France. :eek:(protest against high diesel-prices - but aren't they right ??) :confused:.
Actions will go on next days; but impossible to say where en when. Tomorrow it is July 1st and the holiday exodus towards the south in going on. I bet they focus on that. :mad:
If you travel in France, listen to traffic information and avoid péages.
In Belgium no road blocks yet; but I'm sure they come (only a mass of dutch caravanners on the side trying to get to Luxembourg and ran dry before getting there) :rolleyes:

they are completly right

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back