Right who’s got all the 10mm spanner’s and sockets.

Wully

Disconnecting the battery to do something. I found two socket sets and two sets of spanner’s with the 10mm one missing. Went to a couple of places nae luck so wend in to B and M they had two sets of spanner’s with the 10mm gone obviously blagged. Finally found one in screw fix but came in a set of eight. I’m gonna paint it gold and put it in the safe 😜
E9405392-49FD-41E2-A11F-6F2B70A1269E.jpeg

Yeah and the 8mm and 13mm go missing too, and why do we get 7mm and 16mm stuff in sets, never ever used either.

I tell a Lie, my 69 Guzzi had some 7mm bolts.

There's nothing worse, Wully.

I used to have sets of decent screwdrivers which I'd owned a long time.
My tools go back where they live when I'm done, but others around here do the opposite.

Lucky if I can find any of my tools these days as they are scattered to the four winds or housed in scrappy carrier bags where you have to scrabble around forever to find what you're looking for.

Wish I could find a handy de-nadding tool somewhere .... ;):devilish::cool:

Yeah and the 8mm and 13mm go missing too, and why do we get 7mm and 16mm stuff in sets, never ever used either.

I tell a Lie, my 69 Guzzi had some 7mm bolts.
All the strut to hub bearing holder on skoda favs were 16mm, 6 7 9 mm used in brake nuts and small bolts behind clocks on many cars vans, I have all my tools under lock and key and bolted down.

Came home one day to the worse news possible, "I've tidied up the garage for you". AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Two years later, I'm still finding tools I thought had been lost or thrown away. The amount of money I've spent replacing 'lost' tools would pay for a decent holiday!

Came home one day to the worse news possible, "I've tidied up the garage for you". AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Two years later, I'm still finding tools I thought had been lost or thrown away. The amount of money I've spent replacing 'lost' tools would pay for a decent holiday!

There's tidying and then there's tidying.

I refuse to touch the shelving on the side of the garage where all the general purpose tools and hardware tend to live.
It's a tip and hasn't been sorted since we moved here.

My garden tools are a different story...

IMG_8053.jpg

i have a very untidy looking shed ,a
and i don#t mind sharing it with russian vine ,ivy , big black spiders ,loads of cobwebs and lots of mice . i can find anything anytime but please don't put my tools away that's my job !

You have the sort of brain that can deal with that, Nigel.

A boyfriend of mine a good few years back worked from home and "office room" and desk was always piled high, often nearly to the ceiling, with paperwork and all sorts of other stuff. There was a pathway between it all to get to the chair at the desk.

But he could find anything within a split second, often diving into a pile of precariously balanced jumbled paperwork anything up to 3 feet high (or more!) to retrieve it. Quite impressive. I wouldn't have dreamed of touching any of it - would have totally stuffed his unique filing system! (y)😁

There's nothing worse, Wully.

I used to have sets of decent screwdrivers which I'd owned a long time.
My tools go back where they live when I'm done, but others around here do the opposite.

Lucky if I can find any of my tools these days as they are scattered to the four winds or housed in scrappy carrier bags where you have to scrabble around forever to find what you're looking for.

Wish I could find a handy de-nadding tool somewhere .... ;):devilish::cool:
You must have some garden loppers ?

I just buy a quality Halfords Pro socket set (when they're on offer Xmas/fathers day etc)
Usually cheaper again IF you have a trade card.
And make sure I PUT THE 10MM/13MM stuff back in it at the end of every job...

Good quality kit that lasts AND has a great lifetime guarantee....

Screenshot_20220320-163854_Chrome.jpg

I just buy a quality Halfords Pro socket set (when they're on offer Xmas/fathers day etc)
Usually cheaper again IF you have a trade card.
And make sure I PUT THE 10MM/13MM stuff back in it at the end of every job...

Good quality kit that lasts AND has a great lifetime guarantee....

View attachment 107058
my halfords pro set has been well used for over 30 years ,nothing's missing and the only non originals are the 2 smaller ratchets ,which wear out after about 10 years . quality

my halfords pro set has been well used for over 30 years ,nothing's missing and the only non originals are the 2 smaller ratchets ,which wear out after about 10 years . quality
Yup....
Not snap on quality BUT NOT snap on price....
No quibble lifetime guarantee.

Mine get well used (and occasionally abused)
BUT keep going strong....

Couple of the older sets (better quality in my opinion)
Are still in regular use as I passed them on to some of the local kids that were struggling with bikes/motorbikes/cars when I treated myself to a new one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back