Reversing camera Access/Removal for Replacement

Silew

I'm hoping to replace the reversing cam on my 2010 Autocruise, however I'm not seeing how I can access the camera inside the housing unit shown in the attached photo.
There don't appear to be any screws or other fixings.
Anyone done this before or offer any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Reversing Cam Housing 1.jpg
Reversing Camera Housing 2.jpg

I'm hoping to replace the reversing cam on my 2010 Autocruise, however I'm not seeing how I can access the camera inside the housing unit shown in the attached photo.
There don't appear to be any screws or other fixings.
Anyone done this before or offer any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. View attachment 130191View attachment 130192
Probably fixed with thin bead of silicone around the outside edge of cowling

I had a Swift with the same sort of arrangement. The guy in the factory must have used a hole tube of something like Sikaflex on it. Finished up using a sharp blade to cut my way through. No screws holding it in place so they must have just put some tape on. You may have to put something over the hole the new ones are a lot smaller.

Thanks for the replies, I suspected it was bonded on but thought I'd check in case I was missing something......

I had exactly this issue on my Auto-Sleeper I replaced it with a numberplate cam, less hassle and a better camera, wired it into the head unit.

Dumped the rear view mirror clamp on screen, I can use it as a rear view mirror while driving if I like (I don’t, but I can) it has the ability to add 2 extra cameras anywhere on the van you like, you could add extra cameras and leave them on while parked up as a security measure.

Ironically I have just had to do the exact same thing on my Autocruise Augusta, but thankfully mine was just on a bracket rather inside a housing like yours, although the camera itself looks identical. Once you have figured out how to get at it I would recommend going to revcam.uk AKA parkingcameras.com and numerous other related domains. They will advise you because you will almost certainly need an adaptor cable to convert the current round 6 pin connector to the cable on the new camera.

Just done the same exercise on our Autocruise. Casing is held on with sealant/adhesive. Removed ours with the help of a Stanley knife and then cleaned the residue off with white spirit.
To refix the housing I used Wickes "Instant Grab" adhesive. Far cheaper than Sikaflex! Didn't need to apply any tape to hold it in situ either.

Back