Reversing camara problem

molly 2

My reversing camera stopped working a VEBA 70MM , autosleeper nuevo factory fit single lens is set high in the middle of rear panel , no signs of wiring inside , it looks like it is trying to work but m,onitor image is unrecognisable, anyone had similar problems , how to remove the lens etc ,can't find any info on line ,

My reversing camera stopped working a VEBA 70MM , autosleeper nuevo factory fit single lens is set high in the middle of rear panel , no signs of wiring inside , it looks like it is trying to work but m,onitor image is unrecognisable, anyone had similar problems , how to remove the lens etc ,can't find any info on line ,
I have the same one that stopped working over a year ago, but I never used it anyway so haven’t bothered to fix it.
I have heard of others having the same problem and it seems that the wiring is put into the wall at build,
It seems like the easiest way to fix is to install a full new system

Baz if it is anything like mine then be prepared for a barsteward of a job, I had to prize open the panel in front of the camera and damaged the edges of the panel in the processl, once I got behind it to access the camera, the fault was just a dry connection, a quick spray with WD40 and all working again, I had to then refit the panel and tidy up the damaged edged the best I could with sikaflex. 😭

My twin rev cam packed up recently image faint and blurry on both, original replacement £185 from CKO (original fit) Got a new ones of ebay for £35 better spec, CMOS V CCD. Had to soldier new wiring in and get converter wires from chris@reversingcamerasuk.com , very helpful. Didn't need to rip out interior panels. Perfect now

Screenshot_20230810-112121_Gallery.jpgthis is a photo of the lens no visible fixing at , best it could just clip in with a pig tail wire , at worst a nut on the back and wiring that is run inside the roof ,with no access . At this stage I am not sure what the fault is ..the monitor is trying to work but the image is unrecognisable .

View attachment 122306this is a photo of the lens no visible fixing at , best it could just clip in with a pig tail wire , at worst a nut on the back and wiring that is run inside the roof ,with no access . At this stage I am not sure what the fault is ..the monitor is trying to work but the image is unrecognisable .
Barry, if you remove the breaking strip light, it is possible the fixing screw is behind that, just a thought :confused:

Jeff the camara is fitted above the light and is separate, I was told by marquise the lens is bonded to the panel and has a pig tail . BUT THEY RECOMMENDED a new system at over £900. Fitted :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jeff the camara is fitted above the light and is separate, I was told by marquise the lens is bonded to the panel and has a pig tail . BUT THEY RECOMMENDED a new system at over £900. Fitted :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Got off lightly really, could have recommended a new van! My repair was about £50 all up plus
DIY of course and a lot of delving about due to original twin cam wired in by Swift using CAT5 cable

In that case, see if you can get a discount for getting two fitted (ready for when the first breaks again - cheaper in the long run (y))

A wireless camera are a doddle to fit, my Auto Vox took less than 15 minutes and image is superb.
Yep; bought a Garmin BC40 wireless camera with numberplate mounting kit and automatic bluetooth connection to Garmin Camper 890 Satnav screen with perfect view, even when the bikes and bike cover are in situ. Installation took me about 1 hour, largely spent prising the numberplate clear of several numberplate adhesive strips to enable the camera/numberplate template to be affixed. £125 purchase cost plus 2 x AA batteries [not rechargeable] and the camera can be detached in 2 seconds when not needed, to reduce the likelihood of theft, Stores in the driver door top pocket for convenience

Steve

Those badly off dealers now charge an inflation busting £120 an hour .

Last edited:
Those badly of dealers now charge an inflation busting £120 an hour .
Plus VAT? That makes the final charge £144 per hour or £2.40 per minute; so, by the time the Technician's lifted his arm to scratch his head and had a slow intake of breath, that's about 3 quid's worth ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Makes me think private health care is a bargain, , at least they have some medical qualifications and years of training,

Plus VAT? That makes the final charge £144 per hour or £2.40 per minute; so, by the time the Technician's lifted his arm to scratch his head and had a slow intake of breath, that's about 3 quid's worth ... :rolleyes:

Steve
That reminds me of one of Bob Monkhouses jokes I heard today while tuning in a new radio ....

Man says to Plumber "How much? That it more than my Doctor charges!"
Plumber to Man "Indeed. I never made that much when I was a Doctor either"

Have you seen this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66445496
Delivery Drivers in America set to earn $170,000 a year in a few years (currently on a paultry $145,000)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back