return to the wild

scampa

Hi everyone, I’ve decided to make a return to touring and wild-camping after taking a short break……of about fifteen years! I’ll be spending a couple of weeks preparing and converting my newly-acquired old van, then as soon as it has the basics installed, I’ll be ready to go. It will be interesting to see just how many of those wild places from the past are still as wild.
Luckily, I found this website a few weeks ago, and was totally absorbed with all the information here on wild-camping spots. After several hours of browsing the forums and “visiting” several overnight stops via Google Earth, I felt that I’d already had my moneys’ worth, so I happily signed up as a Full member.
I’ve downloaded the brilliant POI data files and managed to install them on my TomTom. A few days ago I visited the Peak District, so I thought I’d try out my new toy! After being directed effortlessly from one potential overnight stop to another for about two hours, I must admit to being extremely impressed! Although I am reasonably familiar with that area, the device still took me to several spots that I wouldn’t have found otherwise! If I had been touring an unfamiliar area, as I hope to be in the coming months and years, then obviously it would have been even more valuable! ( I hope the “old-hands” on here will forgive me if I sound a little excited about this? ).
Anyway, thanks to you all for making this such a great site. I have a feeling that I’ll be a member here for quite a while and will try to submit new POIs, or updates to existing ones when I can.
By the way, do we have a secret handshake or something to recognise each other by??

Scampa

Welcome from me too :)

I'm delighted that the POI file download is proving a hit!

Please do keep us posted with both updates and new spots that you find.

The whole exercise is a 'team effort'.

Regards

Chris

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back